Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Swallow Soul and shields

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
The skill is lackluster and needs a set (the soulcleaver set) to make it work

so WHY, why if you damage shields you get 0 HEALS

the skill doesn't return heals if you damage an enemy shield
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for game balance it seems like its an oversight (and i personally dont like how its a heal over time instead of a burst heal)

for a lore/gameplay reason, my guess is that its blood magic, and if you hit a magic shield, your not actually hitting the target and not getting any "blood" for the magic to work

for balance purposes it should probably be looked at though
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is consistent with the function of any heal on damage ability. Pale Order works the same way.
    Edited by jaws343 on 25 June 2024 19:30
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree as a class heal it really lacks.

There is a reason all my NBs are healers...

PS5/NA
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy buffing Swallow Soul in exchange for nerfing all the ranged procs.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Shadowbinder7
    Shadowbinder7
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy buffing Swallow Soul in exchange for nerfing all the ranged procs.

Me too. I know this a pvp thread but honestly I don’t think it their burst than needs buffing.
    Simply more dot power in some form (both pve and pvp) and yes ranged should be closer in power to melee.

When u play melee I’m often thinking “ have a ranged excite and ranged class spammable… why am I in melee? That’s what my STAMblade is for”. Sadly next update, U43 hasn’t touched the Siphoning skill tree in NB.
    I think veil of blades radius should be increased, and swallow soul’s damage buffed or…

Add the Hemorrhaging status effect to Swallow Soul, like it was added to arterial burst/blood for blood in vamp!

It would be both a thematic and functional change!! Boosting NB’s sustained dps (not over buffing burst) and and bringing it closer to concealed weapon but probably still not surpassing it, given SS has a decent HoT attached.

Please read above ZOS devs and consider implementing this small change 🙏🏼🙏🏼 maybe if not in time for U43 going live, do it for u44
    Edited by Shadowbinder7 on 10 July 2024 09:06