Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Character Animations?

Elvent
Elvent
✭✭✭✭
Are people fine with the character animations?

I love the game and have been playing every chance I get and still can't get enough. I have reached level 20 so far but something that I just can't get used to is the character animations...specifically the walking/running of my character with weapons drawn...it just looks so....weird? Am I the only one that thinks this way? I just can't get used to those running animations.

The casting/fighting and all other animations look fine though...maybe it's because I'm playing a male high elf and they look weird running? I haven't played any other race yet but seeing other people out in the world they sorta look the same but I haven't payed close attention to them yet to be sure.

I guess it's too late for changes but I guess the majority are fine with them since I see nobody talking about them.

I have my sheath weapon bound to my mouse #12 to sheath every single time I'm out of combat...makes it a little better.

I don't really have anything else to complain about besides bugged quests but thankfully most got fixed except for that Ghosts of Westtry quest that's not possible to complete.

But I was just wondering if anybody else felt this way.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the idea of running in general with something sharp and deadly in your hands is awkward. Running with scissors and all that...

It also may depend on what you're carrying. My dagger-dualling Nightblade generally seems fine, if not a bit menacing, when she moves with her daggers out. My two-hander Dragon Knight, on the other hand, looks pretty ridiculous waving her massive greatsword/maul around as she runs.

Then again, I usually sheathe my weapons when not using them regardless, for roleplay reasons.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the idea of running in general with something sharp and deadly in your hands is awkward. Running with scissors and all that...

It also may depend on what you're carrying. My dagger-dualling Nightblade generally seems fine, if not a bit menacing, when she moves with her daggers out. My two-hander Dragon Knight, on the other hand, looks pretty ridiculous waving her massive greatsword/maul around as she runs.

Then again, I usually sheathe my weapons when not using them regardless, for roleplay reasons.

I suppose you're right about it looking awkward anyways, yeah my character is a dual wielding 1hs which is the animations I meant, I thought my orc running and carrying a big 2h sword looked pretty badass lol

Eh...I guess I'll get used to them eventually.

• Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    There are quite a few people that dislike them, so you're definitely not alone there. They've never really bothered me however, but I'm not really that picky when it comes to these things.

Definitely glad to hear you got through most of those bugged Glenumbra quests! Hopefully they fix westtry soon.