Nightmare Pillion Courser

Thee_Cheshire_Cat
Thee_Cheshire_Cat
✭✭✭✭
i am SO beyond sad that this mount costs so much! :( 400 gems, or 8000 endeavor points. i instantly fell in love with this thing, it suits my main character perfectly.. but i can't get it :( i even woulda threw real world money at this thing, but even that's not an option.

Listen... you can hear my heart breaking.
Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • ralphylauren
    ralphylauren
    ✭✭✭✭
    i am SO beyond sad that this mount costs so much! :( 400 gems, or 8000 endeavor points. i instantly fell in love with this thing, it suits my main character perfectly.. but i can't get it :( i even woulda threw real world money at this thing, but even that's not an option.

If you would’ve threw real world money at it you still can technically
    Options
  • r3nk0
    r3nk0
    ✭✭

Can't really do much about this backhanded way of "offering" mounts/cosmetics, which you're "supposed" to acquire by lavishly spending on a truckload of gambling crates.

The only 2 things are:

1. (Obviously) always do your endeavors, and keep an eye out for single daily endeavors giving 10x more than every other daily endeavor on that day (don't know who at ZoS thought that that is a fun mechanic, but we'll take what we'll get, eh?).
    Preferably don't spend Seals of Endeavors on lower tier crown crate items, since the conversion rate of crown gems : SoE's gets better and better the higher up you go — up until to the 3 Apex Uber Predator Mounts, which actually are differently priced in crown gems (something like 1200, 1800 and 2500(!), if I recall correctly), but are all the same price (16.000) in Seals of Endeavors.
    Which is wild.

And 2.
    Trying to get EVERY Twitch drop "Ouroboros" crown crate that becomes available via eligible Twitch streams.
    Generally, Zenimax has become really stingy over the last 1-2 years with those free crate campaigns, which last ~a week, and all streamers playing ESO are eligible channels to gain the Twitch drops.

BUT there still is the odd sneaky crate drop to be had during ESO developer AND Bethesda main channel streams. Those aren't announced, and the eligibility period is only a few hours — really just the duration of the specific stream in question.
    Follow Zenimax and ALL of Bethesda's channels (there are multiple channels for different countries, e.g. Bethesda_NL and Bethesda_DE) and activate going-live notifications on these channels, to maximize crate=gem gains.

Apart from the Ouroboros-crown-crate-exclusive mount & pet, these crates can only drop consumables anyway, so you can actually decide to always convert everything to crown gems — unlike regular crown crates (which bombard you with what feels like 50+% trash cosmetics/pets which you'll never use, but HAVE to keep, the first time they drop).

And I can confirm from personal experience, that the exclusive mount & pet can actually re-drop after you've gotten both, and, as duplicates, then get auto-converted to crown gems — thus offering another fat crown gem boost.
    IF you're lucky enough.

But even just the guaranteed small fries quickly add up on your crown gem balance, when snacking Twitch drops regularly.
    Best-case-consumable-drop-scenario: a Grand Gold Coast Exp scroll equals 33 crown gems when converted!
    From a single item!

For these past years..
    (at this point, I had made the mistake of googling the release date of Storm Atronarch crates, which where the last and only crates I ever splurged upon: December of 2017. It has been 6 and a half years already, holymoly!..)
    ..I managed to comfortably buy pretty much any crown crate content furnishing, cosmetic or mount that caught my eye, following this approach.
    Lower tier purchases (up to and including 100-crown-gem-tier) I pay for in crown gems,
    mounts I buy with Seals of Endeavors.

..However, if you want THAT mount, NOW — I'd (not really) "recommend" investing in a one-time massive splurge on this single edition of crown crates, as by doing this, you can utilize the fact that you'll force a lot more duplicates, because little by little, you'll already own everything in the lower tiers.

In case you're wondering why that is "a good thing" to actively aim for: since we get forced to keep the first iteration of each and every little adornment, pet, furnishing and low-tier mount, no matter if we want it or not (even if it's an adornment NONE of your chars is even allowed to wear, or a dress, and your whole account portfolio is male..), all of us who buy crates "begin working" towards that tipping point of "most lower-tier-stuff is already owned" anyways.

Most people stop way ahead of the tipping point, e.g. just buy one x15 crown crate pack, or not even that.

But the amount of crown gems the non-consumable ("collectible") duplicates yield, is objectively (compared to the lowest tier/consumable conversion yield) very attractive, considering the lower-tier "collectible" category drops all the time.. Their rarity (or lack thereof) values don't appropriately reflect that difference, at all.. You just normally can't convert them readily.
    So when you're nearing that tipping point, where a lot more of the lower crown-crate-tiers content is completely greyed-out/owned already, it makes a lot of sense to double-down and —following the logic of the calculus of probabilities— cash in on crown gems.
    Which I did, back in 2017.
    And got 2 Storm Atronarch mounts while I was at it! :smiley:

So, you can gain a lot of crown gems in a semi-controlled fashion, and with that pile of gems, you then possess the key to actually be able to specifically buy what you want from future crate editions, breaking away from the abusive practices behind that whole backhanded system showing you awesome stuff that you cannot directly buy, but instead would have you rely blindly on fortune and normalizes having to buy a bunch of garbage you wouldn't normally ever buy, to the point where you don't even question it anymore.

Literally betting on getting extremely lucky, to reel in the one specific item you want, by just buying a few crates and repeating that pattern every crown crate edition you spot something nice in, is the average consumers way, and would in the long run end up costing you a similarly exorbitant amount of cash "buying out" a single crown crate edition would.. Often you'd still might end up not even getting the item you were aiming for. And in lieu thereof, you'd have a bunch of trash collectibles, since you didn't own any of those from that newly released edition yet — instead of getting crown gems with which you could at least buy that object of desire..

..You with me yet?

Edit: (hopefully) clarified some things, added some ramblings as "explanations".. :blush:

Edited by r3nk0 on 21 June 2024 06:13
    Options
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    i do do endeavors religiously. However, i also spend points when things come along i like. i havent been in ESO for years and years.

buying crates isn't wise for me, since my luck is crap, and my RL money low. Had the mount been something you could buy outright, then at least i'd know exactly that i'd be getting it and not wasting money on my bad luck.

Twitch crap is a waste of time, and the last time i tried following a twitch thing to get whatever, it wasn't given to me, and wasn't worth the hassle of trying to fight over it. So i just don't waste time over twitch anymore.

My heart, still breaking.

Appreciate the thought out reply though, r3nk0.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the usual price for a mount in crates, but I totally get it's a bummer if you were looking forward to it.

IMO, only spend your endeavors on Radiant or Apex rewards to get the best return. An Apex mount is only 4x as expensive as an Epic item with Seals of Endeavor, but 10x more expensive with Gems. (and both of these are wayy better than the droprates)

There's time for I think 6,000 Seals of Endeavor before the Crates leave--hopefully you can get it, unless there's more that you wanted.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hear you, comrade. Years ago the Nightmare Courser was my first love and I've been suggesting they revisit it again for years. One way or another I'm coming home with that thing.

Listen. . .I hear a legend that the drop rate of luminous ink is comically low. I reckon if you get some of that, you can turn it into gold, and then find someone to get you some crates. If you don't have access to that, I still suggest going the route of farming mats and earning gold while you also work on your endeavors.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
    Options
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the usual price for a mount in crates, but I totally get it's a bummer if you were looking forward to it.

IMO, only spend your endeavors on Radiant or Apex rewards to get the best return. An Apex mount is only 4x as expensive as an Epic item with Seals of Endeavor, but 10x more expensive with Gems. (and both of these are wayy better than the droprates)

There's time for I think 6,000 Seals of Endeavor before the Crates leave--hopefully you can get it, unless there's more that you wanted.

i don't collect mounts, though. i'm a heavy RPer, so i purchase things that will help advance my RP experience in game. Like emotes, clothing, hair styles etc.

The fact this thing came along was a pleasant surprise. i barely bat an eye at mounts usually anyway. (once my char gets a mount, it's pretty much THAT mount exclusively, as i come up with a story for how they got it etc)

i didn't realize there was still that much time left to get it? If that's the case i should hoooooopefully be able to get it... tho... i have a trip next week, that will last a week, so this is gonna suck. -.-

Thank you for the insight though! i have a sliver of hope.
    Options
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hear you, comrade. Years ago the Nightmare Courser was my first love and I've been suggesting they revisit it again for years. One way or another I'm coming home with that thing.

Listen. . .I hear a legend that the drop rate of luminous ink is comically low. I reckon if you get some of that, you can turn it into gold, and then find someone to get you some crates. If you don't have access to that, I still suggest going the route of farming mats and earning gold while you also work on your endeavors.

With the other 'nightmare' mounts coming out, they have flames in the mane and tail and are so nice. i agree they should revisit it! It needs an upgrade haha When i first joined the game last year, that became my main chars signature mount.

Thank you for the suggestions. i hope you're able to get your hands on this mount, too!
    Options