Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

CERTIFICATE AUTHENTICATION FAILED (Mac)

tylerkadell
tylerkadell
Soul Shriven
I purchased a digital copy earlier today, and no matter how many times I try redownloading and reinstalling the launcher, it gives me the certificate authentication error. And it's driving me nuts.
Is there ANY one else that has experienced this/gotten around it?
  • mlw
    mlw
    Same problem here. OSX 10.9.2, all the latest software updaes
    Options
  • tylerkadell
    tylerkadell
    Soul Shriven
    @mlw‌
    mlw wrote: »

After days and days of no one being able to open the launcher, I finally have it beginning to install. I think. It is sitting at 0% "creating download" but I'm hoping by the time I get home from work, there will be progress.

Someone in the forums had me do this:

-Open finder
    -Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/
    -Open Key Chain access
    -In the search bar at the top, type "Thawte"

Now what I did was open each certificate that came up and switched them all to "always trust" after clicking the blue arrow.

I hope this works for you as well. Search the forums for other little helpful tidbits they may fix the situation as well.
    Options
  • mlw
    mlw
    Holy crap, that worked! Thank you!

I've had one go around after another in email with Zenimax 'support' about it and they have been below helpful Sending me instructions to change settings in my Windows Control Panel first, then asking me to run traceroute with no destination specified.. then saying a they did a software update, and my problem is fixed (despite the fact its not)

Every ticket gets marked closed, no responses to reply emails that the "fix" is not one, or just nonsense. I've taken to creating new tickets each time with a cut and paste of the thread.

Also filed four different requests for phone support with nary a call.

Zenimax really should fire whatever offshore sweatshop they decided to bargain hunt for.
    Options
  • tylerkadell
    tylerkadell
    Soul Shriven
    I'm feeling for you more than you know. Took me almost a week to actually get the game installed. The help system on here was driving me nuts and not actually helping. It wasn't until I found some random thread and happened to get a response from someone there.
    Options
  • OnlySigil
    OnlySigil
    Soul Shriven
    @mlw‌
    mlw wrote: »

After days and days of no one being able to open the launcher, I finally have it beginning to install. I think. It is sitting at 0% "creating download" but I'm hoping by the time I get home from work, there will be progress.

Someone in the forums had me do this:

-Open finder
    -Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/
    -Open Key Chain access
    -In the search bar at the top, type "Thawte"

Now what I did was open each certificate that came up and switched them all to "always trust" after clicking the blue arrow.

I hope this works for you as well. Search the forums for other little helpful tidbits they may fix the situation as well.
    This totally worked for me thank you and you only have to do the first log thing for anyone else that reads this just click it then the always trust preference and close it it asks for password to verify and boom launch TESO !
    Options
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, everyone!

We wanted to let you know that we've moved this thread from the "Customer Support - English" forum to the "Mac Technical Support" forum.

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post