Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

How to collect Aetherial Shards in Cyrodiil?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
How to collect Aetherial Shards in Cyrodiil?

Please help for the "Safeguards of the Gryphon" quest.
https://alcasthq.com/eso-scribing-guide/#The-Wing-of-the-Gryphon

I can't find out how to do it. I get to the location. There're zombies, but no quest sign.

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
with [1Stam Blade].
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone?
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    with [1Stam Blade].
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give people a moment to see your post and reply! :sweat_smile:

For the safeguard of stars, go to the location indicated on your map when you get to Cyrodiil. (Three locations are listed, but I had a quest marker in only one. Idk if I could have instead gone to one of the locations not in my alliance home area.) There is no quest there, but will be an object to pick up. In the EP location, it was out in the open, didn’t require going into a delve or anything.

I had expected to have to retrieve shards from all three locations and spent some time riding around Cyrodiil, searching for the locations not marked on my map, before noticing that the task was already marked as complete! :joy:
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last i heard there was at least one of those locations which was bugged and did not have an aetherial shard item to collect
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    last i heard there was at least one of those locations which was bugged and did not have an aetherial shard item to collect

Lindai. the one in DC direction. very annoying that this still hasn't been fixed yet!
  • playnox
    playnox
    ✭✭
    When this is going to be fixed ?