Are the devs aware of this?

kurbbie_s
kurbbie_s
✭✭✭
That you can run monster sets in below 50 pvp? I just learned of this today.
You can buy them from the Golden with a below 50 character and you can buy them with keys from undaunted.

I dont think this is intended to be having zoals and other monster set procs going off in below 50 bg/cyro. Blatantly unfair for anyone who doesnt have a Max leveled character.
  • kurbbie_s
    kurbbie_s
    ✭✭✭
    kurbbie_s wrote: »
    That you can run monster sets in below 50 pvp? I just learned of this today.
    You can buy them from the Golden with a below 50 character and you can buy them with keys from undaunted.

I dont think this is intended to be having zoals and other monster set procs going off in below 50 bg/cyro. Blatantly unfair for anyone who doesnt have a Max leveled character.

To clarify another way to get this is you can recreate any gear at any level once you have it collected. The only exception is mythic pieces which always come at CP 160.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the ones you get from the gold vendor are always cp160, the only possible way to get monster sets under lvl 50 is from actually participating in killing IC bosses with low level characters

i got a lvl 46 zoal helm while i was farming xp with my arcanist last year

its been possible to do this since they added monster sets to IC, and since IC is free, literally anyone can take a low lvl character and go do this same thing so its not locking anyone out of it

pvp is competitive and there are going to be people min/maxing even for the sub-50 campaign
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought they fixed reconstructing monster sets under level 50. It didn't work last I checked, but maybe something changed?

People who have items from when you used to be able to presumably still have theirs.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • kurbbie_s
    kurbbie_s
    ✭✭✭
    the ones you get from the gold vendor are always cp160, the only possible way to get monster sets under lvl 50 is from actually participating in killing IC bosses with low level characters

its been possible to do this since they added monster sets to IC, and since IC is free, literally anyone can take a low lvl character and go do this same thing so its not locking anyone out of it

pvp is competitive and there are going to be people min/maxing even for the sub-50 campaign

a level 20 with no champion points cant do that. a level 20 with 2500 cp can. Big big difference in power.
    Options
  • Groterdan
    Groterdan
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure helms/shoulders and quest become available at 45. Not counting ic
    Options
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought they fixed reconstructing monster sets under level 50. It didn't work last I checked, but maybe something changed?

People who have items from when you used to be able to presumably still have theirs.

Without being disrespectful when a new dungeon DLC is released the helms are usually reconstructible under level 50. They it gets patched. Seems to be a recurring mistake.

I haven't tried with Anthelmirs/The Blind as I have 20/20 max characters now.

Previously I had under 50 Prior Therric which I used to level, however deconstructed as no longer required, which they patched some time ago.
    PC EU > You
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is intended, and the Under 50 has never been fair. It's always been a minmax smurf festival. If ZOS really wanted a PvP mode that's fair to new players, they would restrict it to sub 160 CP, not go by toon level.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • Sporigudinai
    Sporigudinai
    ✭✭✭
    I got a helm from Maw of the Infernal when i was lvl 50 CP 120. I used it for a while, till i felt something was off.
    PC-NA
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is intended, and the Under 50 has never been fair. It's always been a minmax smurf festival. If ZOS really wanted a PvP mode that's fair to new players, they would restrict it to sub 160 CP, not go by toon level.

Not everyone plays that way, and people may play the game for a while before getting into PvP and want to get a feel for it and start leveling those skills before hitting 50. The issue with helms should be fixed, although I was glad to be able to recon a low level Zaudrus helm when I first got it before the style was available as I had a specific look in mind for a new character — wore it until level 50! :lol:
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not everyone plays that way, and people may play the game for a while before getting into PvP and want to get a feel for it and start leveling those skills before hitting 50.
    That's what the current system is and it's good for that, but this sort of ruleset also enables decade long vets to jump on a minmax smurf and destroy everyone. There's no PvP restricted to only actual new players.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone plays that way, and people may play the game for a while before getting into PvP and want to get a feel for it and start leveling those skills before hitting 50.
    That's what the current system is and it's good for that, but this sort of ruleset also enables decade long vets to jump on a minmax smurf and destroy everyone. There's no PvP restricted to only actual new players.

the only problem with it being limited to under cp160 too is that it would the ghostiest ghost town of any campaign because of how fast leveling and early cp leveling is

it would end up being a bad pvp experience because the pvp would be virtually nonexistent

the same problem would be extrapolated if you wanted to try a sub 50 sub cp160 only BG, there would rarely be any matches made
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

a level 20 with no champion points cant do that. a level 20 with 2500 cp can. Big big difference in power.

solo? unlikely for sure

but anyone can join a group, or follow a 10 person zerg and still get hits in for the drops, or even just run with a high level player
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the only problem with it being limited to under cp160
    Okay so set it to cp300 or cp600 or whatever, same idea.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only problem with it being limited to under cp160
    Okay so set it to cp300 or cp600 or whatever, same idea.

not exactly the point i was going for, if you set a hard cap, its going to exclude a vast majority of the population and whatever pvp environment has that restriction is going to be so dead as to have almost no pvp

this is already a problem in the sub 50 campaign, i rarely see that one with more than 1 bar across the board pops, which means its a ghost town

it would make more sense to just disable cp in the sub lvl 50 camp (if that is not the case already), then it wont matter how much cp players have

if thats still a problem, disable all set bonuses, then the gear wont matter as much either and existing players couldnt smurf, if they won fights it would be purely because they know how to play the game better
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    not exactly the point i was going for, if you set a hard cap, its going to exclude a vast majority of the population
    That's the point, a PvP area only for new players. The u50 and Ravenwatch are failed dead camps and obviously aren't working to help new players learn PvP. Don't care how they do it, but it's something that should happen.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not exactly the point i was going for, if you set a hard cap, its going to exclude a vast majority of the population
    That's the point, a PvP area only for new players. The u50 and Ravenwatch are failed dead camps and obviously aren't working to help new players learn PvP. Don't care how they do it, but it's something that should happen.

but the catch 22 in that is how do you pvp when theres nobody there to pvp? lol

if the rule was sub 50, and either no cp, or cp160 as a max available cp, i dont think even 1% of the population would qualify for that

let alone all the people who start playing the game and just get through cp levels just from questing before even deciding to do pvp

there are already plenty of players in this game (many which i see on the forums) which are cp 2000+ and probably never even set foot inside of cyro, outside of very seldom (if at all) circumstances to only do pve related activities (skyshards, town quests for events, etc)

being "new" to pvp doesnt exclusively mean being new to the game either
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like it when i level a new character and see the same clown in under 50 bgs that was there 2 years ago, the last time i leveled a new character.

they always quit before the end of the match to avoid leveling up

what a lifestyle
    Options
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    A way ppl are using it,their main is high CP,and thy use a newer char under 50.Then They hit CP while in under 50 campaign,and auto level to max cp and can use all the highi level stuff.They shold autoboot ppl from under 50 campaign once they hit 50+
    Options