Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

PLEASE MAKE REZ TAKE PRIORITY OVER SYNERGIES

mdjessup4906
mdjessup4906
✭✭✭
Such a pita to click through a bunch trying to get to the rez option when someone's down. Do I really need rune-whatever when the healer is dead?
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or maybe rebind the Rez key?

I mean by default Rez is on f and synergy is on x
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My rez key has always been an F while my synergies were X.
    Are you using a controller?
  • mdjessup4906
    mdjessup4906
    ✭✭✭
    My rez key has always been an F while my synergies were X.
    Are you using a controller?

Yeah I use a controller on PC. I need more buttons...
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Such a pita to click through a bunch trying to get to the rez option when someone's down. Do I really need rune-whatever when the healer is dead?

If you are playing on PC with a controller then Votan's Keybinder might help.

This add on make it possible to use modiifer like SHIFT, ALT etc which make it possible to add layer of default keys like "A" and can be used with <shift>+A or <alt>+A which will give in this example three version where A can be used to assign different commands in game (which you control from Controls in Settings).

This will depend on which key that can be used as modifer on you controller (not all keys on keyboard can be used as modifer keys).

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1174-VotansKeybinder.html

Just be aware that you have 100 keybind by default in game that will be stored in game and removing keys (changing from default will also count towards this max keybind - so don't remove/change keys if they aren't in conflict with other keys as that can also depend on mode - F have several mode if you check in game where you see that F have already been allocated to change command depending if you are in a menu mode or in combat or out of combat etc. Change to F will here have an impact on several places at once and you need to make sure that you don't increase number of assigned (assigned means also when you make it unassigned from what was in game default).
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could set the priority on synergies.

Someone's ult synergy shouldn't be buried below healing orbs.
    PC-NA
  • mdjessup4906
    mdjessup4906
    ✭✭✭
    I do have my synergy key and rez/player interact key on separate buttons on my controller. The problem is it won't let me target a dead player for rez without taking the synergy first. I want to rez while ignoring the synergy completely. Guess I could try rezzing using the keyboard only and see if that works.

Do you console players have this problem?
    Edited by mdjessup4906 on 17 June 2024 03:31
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have my synergy key and rez/player interact key on separate buttons on my controller. The problem is it won't let me target a dead player for rez without taking the synergy first. I want to rez while ignoring the synergy completely. Guess I could try rezzing using the keyboard only and see if that works.

Same problem on keyboard. My synergy button is the 1 on the number pad. My res button is F. If there is a synergy available I have to hit the 1 key before I have the option of hitting the F key. Now that I think about it though that might just be an assumption on my part. Not sure I've tried to hit the F key unless I could actually see the prompt to hit the F key. Will have to give it a try next trial night.
    We die a lot.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We have a similar problem on PS. Our rez is the same button that opens the game menu. You can see what that leads to. Needless to say it is annoying.
  • Ardriel
    Ardriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has nothing to do with assigning buttons, but with priorities. No matter which button you use for synergy, it always blocks the interaction for rezzing. If I want to rezz and there is a synergy above it, I have to use it first before I can rezz. This has nothing to do with the controls, it's just badly done. :|
  • Saul_Tigh
    Saul_Tigh
    Soul Shriven
    Synergies should also be put down on priority in towns. It is very annoying when you are trying to initiate a trade with someone in Vivec city bank or crafting area, and someone keeps spamming a synergy 🙄
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this a pc thing? On ps is different button. Though ours is to hold the pause button so you can oppen the menu by mistake
  • mdjessup4906
    mdjessup4906
    ✭✭✭
    Update:

You can actually rez without taking the synergy but it's incredibly unintuitive, unreliable and extremely irritating.

Basically aim in the general direction of your dead buddy, spam the rez button and waggle the camera around untill the target lands and they start rezzing, with zero indication youre pointing in the right direction otherwise.

So much fun to do in the middle of a firefight and the only synergies floating around are the ones meant for the supports.

Edited by mdjessup4906 on 1 September 2024 19:32