Nightblade build help

Caecus0
Caecus0
✭✭✭
Hello all,

I'm trying to get into Trails and so getting good veteran dungeon gear isn't a problem, but I'm not super sure where to start. A lot of guides do offer BEGINNER builds and builds using TRIAL armor, but not anywhere in between where I seem to be.

Right now I have Tzogvin and Spriggan, and I'm trying to replace Spriggan. I'm not completely sure which dungeon set I should replace it with. I have heard Kinras and Pillar of Nirn are good, but I'm not 100% sure. There may be better ones I don't know exist or didn't think of. Also, what is a good monster set?

Also, how much Total Penetration should I be aiming for? I know tanks usually bring anti-armor enchants and skills and I'm trying to take that into account. Thanks in advance!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pillar of nirn is a pretty top end dungeon set, easy to use

in most group content you should assume the npcs have 18,200 armor, so between your pen + the debuffs on the target you should get to roughly around there, you dont want to go too far over because then the overflow is wasted

if your main tank is wearing optimal debuff sets they should be applying the following:
    • -~6000 (major breach)
    • -~3000 (minor breach)
    • tremorscale (amount can vary a bit as debuff is scaled on tanks resistance though usually about -1500 to -2000)
    • crimson oath (-~3500)

so if your main tank is wearing the above sets and applying major and minor breach, that should be approximately -14,000 to -15,000 resistance on the target

so in an optimized group you should only need around 3000-3500 penetration to make up the difference
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you are aiming to do veteran trials, you will need a trials set, even if its non-perfected. You do not need a trials set or top level gear to get non-perfected sets from normal trials.

If are a stamblade, farm a set of Relequen from Cloudrest. If you are a magblade, farm a set of Whorl from Dreadsail. Pair with Nirn, as @Necrotech_Master said. The Kilt is preferred over a monster set, but Zaan or Kjalar or Slimecraw are okay. Those are all fairly basic entry-level veteran trials setups.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd go build a set of Order's Wrath to pair with Tzogvin's, then use that to farm sets like Nirn, Relequen, Whorl, etc.
    Options
  • Caecus0
    Caecus0
    ✭✭✭
    pillar of nirn is a pretty top end dungeon set, easy to use

in most group content you should assume the npcs have 18,200 armor, so between your pen + the debuffs on the target you should get to roughly around there, you dont want to go too far over because then the overflow is wasted

if your main tank is wearing optimal debuff sets they should be applying the following:
    • -~6000 (major breach)
    • -~3000 (minor breach)
    • tremorscale (amount can vary a bit as debuff is scaled on tanks resistance though usually about -1500 to -2000)
    • crimson oath (-~3500)

so if your main tank is wearing the above sets and applying major and minor breach, that should be approximately -14,000 to -15,000 resistance on the target

so in an optimized group you should only need around 3000-3500 penetration to make up the difference

Thanks for this. That's very interesting. Because of the NB Backstab passive and the Champion Point Passive, it sounds like NBs really don't need any armor penetration at all unless they're soloing content.
    Options