Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Baron Zaudrus Style page mask not drop

beyondspace
beyondspace
✭✭✭
Sorry guys, I don't wanna make it sounds like one of those "moaning" post, but I have farmed now more than 100 rounds of The Cauldron, not one single mask have dropped. I'm just curious whats the chance of it not dropping after 100 runs? Is the chance of that happening VERY high or I was just plainly unlucky? xD
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you completed the hardmode? If you have (doesn’t have to be that run, just having completed ever) then that’s supposed to significantly increase your chances.

But RNG is RNG. When the style page was first available, I ran the dungeon a lot with a group, completing the hardmode and trifecta in the course of things. The page dropped twice, both times for me (gave the second drop to another member of the group selected at random as that seemed to me only fair).
  • Gray_howling_parrot
    Gray_howling_parrot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’ve been very unlucky.

From what I’ve heard, drop chances are around 2.4%. If you complete the hard mode achievement, it roughly doubles your chances going from 1 in 50 to 1 in 25.

RNG is RNG though and there will be outliers. Sounds like you are an outlier in this case unfortunately :(
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [sarcasm] Just keep trying. You don' have any thing else to do, do you? [/sarcasm]

If you do, maybe try that for a while, then go back?
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you ran it 100 times, and the drop rate is 1 in 50, you'd have a 14% chance of not getting the drop. If the HM thing is true, and it goes to 1 in 25, you'd have a 1.3% chance that it would not drop over 100 runs. It's definitely dropping though, based on the number of farm runs I see in guild chat, as well as the number of people attempting to sell the mask in zone.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, I don't wanna make it sounds like one of those "moaning" post, but I have farmed now more than 100 rounds of The Cauldron, not one single mask have dropped. I'm just curious whats the chance of it not dropping after 100 runs? Is the chance of that happening VERY high or I was just plainly unlucky? xD

I got it on my very first run not even on HM or anything on PC NA
    Edited by Unfadingsilence on 3 September 2024 03:02