Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Barbarian

Mortelus
Mortelus
✭✭✭
I have finally decided on a build, but yet to test it. I just wanted to get some opinions if it will be viable in PvP. I am not a min/max but would like to be competitive of course and not a meat sack.

I am going as a Nord, NB. Nords racials are pretty weak compared to most, no one uses cold attacks in PvP it's all fire, so that's pretty useless. And the armour increase is well, really weak, it's not even a percent, just an increase of 6, which is only a little higher than the staring gear lol. But I like Nords and they suit the barbarian style

Anyway from the Shaow line I will only take Shadow cloak. The rest of my points will be put into 2h and medium armour. I am going with 2-1 stamina and HP in my stats. I have no idea what the softcaps/hardcaps are.

My 2nd weapon will be a bow and will also take some skills from that tree, haven't worked out that part yet.

I will be a smithy and clothier, and probably provisioning.

Any remaining Shards left over will go into the shadow passives.

So what do you think, is it viable in PVP and PvE, I am predominantly a solo player and yet to join a guild also.
Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Karner
    Karner
    It seems too broad. I'd suggest Siphon over Shadow for a 2H Nightblade.
    I must not lose my resolve. I will march forward even if I have to do so... Alone.
    -
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    But I am only taking 1 skill from the shadow line, the cloak ability. All my other points will be focused on 2h (mainly) and bow and racial passives. I don't want to put hardly any points into NB class skills. I will also be joing the fighters guild for the ultimate, whatever it is...
  • Karner
    Karner
    See, I would say don't bother with nightblade. Nightblade = Medium armour. You'll be losing a lot of armour if you're not using the Nightblade bonuses. If you need to get the invisibility consider making serums.

Overall, I'd recommend Templar/DragonKnight. The armour bonus + serum > Stealth.
    I must not lose my resolve. I will march forward even if I have to do so... Alone.
    -
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would go NB for the stamina regen morph of "Haste" and mostly use "Charge" and "Uppercut" from the 2h skill line.
  • Karner
    Karner
    Gisgo wrote: »
    I would go NB for the stamina regen morph of "Haste" and mostly use "Charge" and "Uppercut" from the 2h skill line.

Aren't the stamina regens for only after the use of a shadow ability?
    -
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haste (assassination skill line):
    Instant
    Self
    49 Magicka

For 17 seconds:
    - Increase attack speed with heavy and light attacks by 30%

MORPHS

Focused Attacks
    - Adds stamina regen

Incapacitate
    - Roots target for 2 seconds every 10 hits
    Edited by Gisgo on 3 April 2014 00:31
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

How would this be in PvP?

So basically using 2h medium armour, barbarian like, isn't viable unless I use a lot of class skills?

Bit sucky.

Edited by Mortelus on 3 April 2014 07:31