Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

DK Tank idea

rothgirfellhallb16_ESO
I love tanking and am trying to create a DragonKnight tanking build. I had a play around with a skill calculator and came up with this:

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#czczyyGRHw8fXGH8ugIL8uEAD8uENa8Gsda8fXGM8fXGH8uEAD8GRFv8Gsdx8Gsda8T7JMrqAi6MrqAI6MrqAD6MrqAZ6crqLw8y7HrR3r6rR3f6MfQE16MfQE36MfQlr6MfQlu6MfQlI8l7JrzoC6Lzky6Lzkt6MuvVB6MuvVD6MuvVJ6MuvVO8B7DLzRf6rzsa6Lzsq6rzsw6MGkXa6MGkXf6MGkXG6MGkXN8Z7pznrJs6cnrJi6cnrJG6cnfeO

The bottom line of skills slotted is my 'with a group' set of skills, whereas the top one is intended for solo play. From what I've seen of other peoples builds on here it seems pretty different, although everyone seems to be coming up with different combinations for tanks (which is great to see!!).
I love the group abilities (molton weapons and igneous shield), I think it makes for an interesting way of helping the group, rather than the traditional 'Make everything hit me' method of tanking. Ransack for the taunt is an obvious choice, and shielded assault seems to be a favourite with lots of tank builds, not just for the damage shield but also the charge enabling more ease of movement. Lastly I chose Draw essence for the magicka regen/healing.
I will admit I have yet to truly test this build, as I'm only level 9 at present. So I'm curious for people's thoughts?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll probably want dragon blood in both solo and group encounters - you could swap between skill bars in order to use it, or just put it on both bars.

I haven't personally played a tank much, but that looks like it should be ok. Just test it out, see what works and what doesn't, and you'll figure it out.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • rothgirfellhallb16_ESO
    I did think about that, in the end I decided against it on the presumption that the group would have a healer, so healing may not be as necessary. I've also set it up to be somewhat lazy, I have at least 1 ability from each skill on both bars so I'm always levelling what I want to level. But it's definitely something for me to consider/play around with once I get a feel for group dynamics