The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

the macabre visage set

fenn1539
fenn1539
i feel like if they made the macabre visage into a set where doing light and heavy attacks builds up stacks that can cause a blood burst for 50% max health with the limit of how high it can go being based on weapon and spell damage AND if ANY enemy dies either while within an aura around you OR from the blast (aka enemies next to the one that blows up dying) they then blow up with a raised cap by maybe 10%.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    fenn1539 wrote: »
    i feel like if they made the macabre visage into a set where doing light and heavy attacks builds up stacks that can cause a blood burst for 50% max health with the limit of how high it can go being based on weapon and spell damage AND if ANY enemy dies either while within an aura around you OR from the blast (aka enemies next to the one that blows up dying) they then blow up with a raised cap by maybe 10%.

Is the set worth it?
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres a half second cooldown on the explosion so it wont be able to chain proc

theres also a hard cap on the dmg of 24,000, so the 50% max hp of the enemy is virtually useless as 98% of PVE enemies will be at 48,000 or more max hp
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • fenn1539
    fenn1539

theres also a hard cap on the dmg of 24,000, so the 50% max hp of the enemy is virtually useless as 98% of PVE enemies will be at 48,000 or more max hp

yea probably will need more buffs than i mentioned than cause i want it to be good and it sucks that it has to be so trash XD
    Options
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

yea probably will need more buffs than i mentioned than cause i want it to be good and it sucks that it has to be so trash XD

I do like the aspect of the sets but it do suck that won't work for pvp
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its actually moderately decent, because the 5th bonus has an additional 150 weapon/spell dmg, the explosion kind of acts like a bonus, and would be OK to help farm public dungeons

it might also work OK in pvp too if you kill a guard, that would be 12000 dmg aoe (24000 - 50% from battle spirit), though i dont know how this will actually function with battle spirit, even with it applied 12k dmg is a lot in pvp

so i wouldnt necessarily say its bad, but in vet content, when even trash enemies have 250k+ max hp, a 24k dmg proc that requires you to get the killing blow wont be as noticeable, even less noticeable against say trial bosses, you would get better value out of azureblight at that point

if your running solo and just want to be hilarious, then run azureblight + this new set lol, double pve explosions lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • soelslaev
    soelslaev
    ✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »
    I do like the aspect of the sets but it do suck that won't work for pvp

Well, here is the thing. The sets says the trigger has to be a monster but only that "enemies" are damaged by the blood burst. Does this mean I can kill other players by killing guards near the players? Because guards are monsters and players are enemies.
    Edited by soelslaev on 2 May 2024 17:41
    Options