The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The shadow queen's cowl

kyatos_binarini
kyatos_binarini
✭✭✭
2qrvpuzz3ofx.png

Hi,

Has anyone found any benefit from the "Distracted" effect? I conducted several tests and found out the following:

1. After a successful pickpocket, the target standing still for 10 seconds.
2. Pickpocketing a distracted target does not provide any benefits (such as a +% chance).
3. Upon a successful pickpocket, the effect will reset.
4. If a pickpocket attempt fails, the character will exit stealth mode, and the target will wait for the distraction effect to end (approximately 3-5 seconds) before attacking the character. If I attempt to re-enter sneak mode before the distraction effect ends, it will fail (the "eye" will remain open).

Does this mean that "Decreases your detection radius in Stealth by 30 meters against Distracted targets" doesn't work? Or have I misunderstood something?
Edited by kyatos_binarini on 27 April 2024 10:59
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iirc, it's supposed to make people you successfully pickpocket not be able to see you well making it easy to sneak past them.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    Options
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Failed pickpocket reveals you full stop. the decreased detection radius is supposed to mean you can do stuff in front of distracted character and they won't see you.

I have not found any use for this effect myself. The effect is too short, and is tied to a non-guaranteed rng roll to proc off in the first place.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the biggest use i see for this is the ability to see guards and possible witnesses through walls, making it easier to time when to blade of woe someone lol, or estimate if you could sneak past a guard lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options