Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forum post

wilykcat
wilykcat
✭✭✭✭✭
There should be a new special dungeon mode in ESO. Caution! This mode may encourage speed running.

This dungeon mode will be similar to World of Warcraft mythic+ dungeon mode.

1. This dungeon mode will have 10 difficulty levels. As each level increases, the monsters, mechanics, and bosses will be more harder to fight.
2. Dungeons in this mode will have a timer the group will have to beat. When ever a player is defeated, 7 seconds will be lost on the timer
3. There would be 3 different modifiers that will mess with the general dungeon strategies and mechanics. An example of one will include: enemies explode upon defeat and will cause players near the enemy to lose up to 40% of their health.
4. After defeating the end boss based on how much time is left will grant an extra special reward such as a free costume, mount, adornment, etc.
5. Only a few select dungeons will be available once a week.Other dungeons will be randomly selected the following week. There will be 14 dungeons available in this mode.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont see it as necessarily a bad thing, but i think the general ESO player population would not like it lol

depending on the threshold for rewards at the end, i could this only really being doable by trifecta players, if any of these extra rewards require the boss HMs to be active, at least for most all of the DLC dungeons

some of the modifiers such as enemies exploding on death dealing that much dmg is basically just asking for the tank to get nuked on every pull since the standard tanking method is "herd and burn"

im also not sure about 10 different difficulty levels, outside of just more health/dmg on mobs, i dont think they would go through every existing dungeon to invent new mechanics for all of the difficulty levels, as the dungeons already get additional mechanics with the existing dungeon hard modes

ive never played WoW so i dont know how that worked, but i dont think the entire concept would work here without significant work (such as an entire content updated dedicated to adding new mechanics to all 40 some dungeons for new difficulty levels)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities