The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mundus Stone Sales

w002exp
w002exp
✭✭✭
Does anyone have a record of the frequency timing of mundus stones on discount. I know I've seen them discounted by 40% several times--never tracked how often it happens or the timing.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would be nice, i would really like to get mundus stones for my house, but the problem is that the base price is insanely expensive (its around 45k crowns to get all of them)

if i could get all of them 40% off i probably would do it
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • RBAP28
    RBAP28
    ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up, Mundus Stones are 20% off.

Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s possible I missed it, but I don’t think they’ve been 40% off since I started playing in mid-2019.
    Options
  • RBAP28
    RBAP28
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of starting a new post I just wanted to tell the op (and anyone else interested) they are on sale right now.
    Options
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much. Going to work with guild leader to grab them now.
    Options
  • kiwi_tea
    kiwi_tea
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't looked at the price in years. Even discounted, it's about $400 NZ dollars.

$400. Four. Hundred.

The sooner the EU or some other territory makes it illegal to hide prices like this behind secondary in-game currencies, the better.
    Options
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    kiwi_tea wrote: »
    I hadn't looked at the price in years. Even discounted, it's about $400 NZ dollars.

$400. Four. Hundred.

The sooner the EU or some other territory makes it illegal to hide prices like this behind secondary in-game currencies, the better.

They are only on 20% sale now but I have definitely seen them at 40%. I bought mine 40% off with a 40% off crown sale--so ended up being 1/3 the price. But now have a another guild trying to construct their hall and they are trying hard to gather donations.
    Options
  • kiwi_tea
    kiwi_tea
    ✭✭✭
    w002exp wrote: »

$400. Four. Hundred.

They are only on 20% sale now but I have definitely seen them at 40%. I bought mine 40% off with a 40% off crown sale--so ended up being 1/3 the price. But now have a another guild trying to construct their hall and they are trying hard to gather donations.

Even at 40% off it seems like an extremely unreasonable price. I wouldn't even buy these on special, and I can spend quite stupidly at times. The price point is just mad. All the price points in this game are mad. A big part of me believes they're leaving money on the table by charging so much - but then I suspect there are whales spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on ESO who might - horrifically - make up the difference. Too many games rely on unhealthy spending by a tiny number of people who can (and many who cannot) afford it.

Mundus stone prices are an extreme example of this practice, for sure. I would definitely buy mundus stones at a sane price, but never touch them at even *half* the current price point.
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even at 40% off it seems like an extremely unreasonable price.

40% off + 40% crown pack discount brings them down into a semi-reasonable zone for me.

Though it's not like I'm changing mundus stones all that often and they can all be reached fairly easily out in the world so I've never felt crippled by not having these in my homes.
    Options
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    They become a bigger deal for guilds and guild halls--but you can usually get some community pitch in.
    Options