The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there still a +10% "marriage" XP bonus? Is there any way to determine if it is active?

HumbleThaumaturge
HumbleThaumaturge
✭✭✭✭
My ESO "spouse" from nearly 10 years ago and I are in close proximity . . . but we can't tell if we are getting the +10% XP marriage bonus. Is this bonus still in the game? If so, is there any way to tell if it is active? The "buff" doesn't show on the character screen. But then, it never has.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to be wearing the rings I think
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if there's no ui indication:

group together, kill a thing, record the xp.

equip the rings, kill a same thing, record the xp.

compare.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to be married, you have to be together, as in sight of each other, you both have to be wearing the Rings. Finally, you have to be Grouped. Note, just being Grouped gives you 10% so this another 10%
    Edited by Nestor on 15 April 2024 12:12
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes its still there, but honestly its not worth it, because it takes up a ring slot
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • r3nk0
    r3nk0
    ✭✭
    yes its still there, but honestly its not worth it, because it takes up a ring slot

..But hey, at least nowadays you can transmute the traitless wedding band and not just enchant it!
    The first thing that comes to mind, regarding the "5-set-bonus-disruption" dilemma that such a non-set ring poses, is Markyn's Ring of Majesty — definitely possible to puzzle a great patchwork build together, which sufficiently slaps for BRP/Craglorn Exp grind.

..If you're into min/max'ing ‎¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r3nk0 wrote: »

..But hey, at least nowadays you can transmute the traitless wedding band and not just enchant it!
    The first thing that comes to mind, regarding the "5-set-bonus-disruption" dilemma that such a non-set ring poses, is Markyn's Ring of Majesty — definitely possible to puzzle a great patchwork build together, which sufficiently slaps for BRP/Craglorn Exp grind.

..If you're into min/max'ing ‎¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if your min-maxing xp gains you would be using the moras whispers mythic, for the extra xp bonus lol, that plus heartland conqueror with training on all parts, and having eso+

that kind of setup is usually used to help powerlevel a companion
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014