The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Opening A 25 Pack Of Accursed Recall Crate Bundle

VvwvenomwvV
VvwvenomwvV
✭✭✭✭
Hello.

I made a video of opening a 25 pack of the Accursed Recall Crate Bundle. I hope you enjoy the video.

https://youtu.be/YV9XIH1nJXw

• moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this supposed to be discouraging?

I too got the bundle and was dismayed by how few gems earned compared to the last of my all-maker crates.
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »

I too got the bundle and was dismayed by how few gems earned compared to the last of my all-maker crates.

How many gems did you get?

Around 50? 100?
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if your opening a brand new set of crates, then your gem return will be lower because of all the collectibles that you dont have from the crates, as you roll more of them you get more collectible dupes that convert into gems instead of just go straight to your collections

you only have the option to gem first rolls of consumables or furnishings, but not collectibles (weapon/gear styles, mementos, emotes, polymorphs, mounts, pets)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭

if your opening a brand new set of crates, then your gem return will be lower because of all the collectibles that you dont have from the crates, as you roll more of them you get more collectible dupes that convert into gems instead of just go straight to your collections

you only have the option to gem first rolls of consumables or furnishings, but not collectibles (weapon/gear styles, mementos, emotes, polymorphs, mounts, pets)

Isn't it hard to get dupes though unless you whale really hard. They are often making new crates, and I assume it's entirely new items in the crates every time.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikejezz wrote: »

Isn't it hard to get dupes though unless you whale really hard. They are often making new crates, and I assume it's entirely new items in the crates every time.

its not too hard, just buying the 25 crate bundle, even after about 5 crates i was starting to get occasional dupes, by crate like 15 or so, i was getting almost 1 dupe every crate open
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭

its not too hard, just buying the 25 crate bundle, even after about 5 crates i was starting to get occasional dupes, by crate like 15 or so, i was getting almost 1 dupe every crate open

But crowns to gem ratio is still pretty expensive considering the prices though.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But crowns to gem ratio is still pretty expensive considering the prices though.

i never said it was good lol

the gems are literally the consolation prize for those who dont want consumables, or getting dupes of collectibles you can only collect once

cheaper to save up endeavors to buy priority items, buying crown crates is virtually never worth it (dont get what you want most of the time and poor gem return)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭

the gems are literally the consolation prize for those who dont want consumables, or getting dupes of collectibles you can only collect once

cheaper to save up endeavors to buy priority items, buying crown crates is virtually never worth it (dont get what you want most of the time and poor gem return)

Sadly it's just not everything that you can get for endeavours
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you can get everything from crown crates with endeavors, though the rate you earn them your definitely not going to be able to actually buy all of the items from a single crate in season

basically anything you can spend crown gems on, you can spend endeavors on
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the latest bundle (mage-themed) and was disappointed. One legendary reward. Nothing above that. And tons of duplicates. I'm not encouraged to buy more.
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭

you can get everything from crown crates with endeavors, though the rate you earn them your definitely not going to be able to actually buy all of the items from a single crate in season

Oh cool, didn't know.

Must have seen "featured items" when I checked the endeavor store.

Just a pain that they take so long to farm lol.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh cool, didn't know.

Must have seen "featured items" when I checked the endeavor store.

Just a pain that they take so long to farm lol.

the current rough earn rate is ~500 per week (this can vary a bit but its pretty close), this is from the normal endeavors, not bonus endeavors granted from stuff like login rewards

radiant apex mounts are 16k endeavors, apex tier is 8k, i think the next tier under that is 3600

so assuming the earn rate of 500 per week, it takes approximately 32 weeks (8 months) to earn enough for 1 radiant apex mount

i havent really seen any radiant apex mounts i really wanted, so most of the items ive bought with endeavors ended up being in the apex tier (8k endeavors worth)

if theres a crate that you know has a radiant apex mount in it you like, you can save up 16k and hold on to that base amount until the crate comes back, and you can continue earning more to spend on other stuff you like
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't tell you how many Crown Crates I bought just to get enough gems (via duplicate items or trade in for gems) to buy the Altered Ornaug for my new Sorc character. I'm sure ZOS loves me though. ;) However, I also tend to buy Crowns during sales, which is why I went a bit overboard this time, since they had a sale going on.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Around 50? 100?

50 or less.

only cheap consumables, not even worthy ones.
    Edited by moo_2021 on 11 April 2024 19:50
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭

Around 50? 100?

50 or less.

only cheap consumables, not even worthy ones.

So you only got cheap consumables in 25 crates?! Which converted to 50 gems?

Totally not worth it.

There must be some gamble addicts around because I can't imagine people toss more money after these crates after getting 25 with only crap worth 50 gems
    Options
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There must be some gamble addicts around because I can't imagine people toss more money after these crates after getting 25 with only crap worth 50 gems

I recall first 25 All Maker gave me at least a few hundreds, definitely not 50.

Anyway the best way to get gems is to buy the same crate you already unlocked many rewards for. So I'm not going to spend on crates again until it's back, unless the next radiant mounts are really good.
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭

Anyway the best way to get gems is to buy the same crate you already unlocked many rewards for. So I'm not going to spend on crates again until it's back, unless the next radiant mounts are really good.

Do the same crates potentially rotate?

The fire and frost crates hasn't been there for years have they?
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do the same crates potentially rotate?

The fire and frost crates hasn't been there for years have they?

crates do usually come back, but it can range from months to years before they come back
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options