The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

counter to streak trolls?

moo_2021
moo_2021
✭✭✭✭✭
Are there any reliable counters to tanky streak trolls?

Their attack is solely based on energy overlord but can easily kill the less tanky teammates and quite annoying.

I only have stun and immobilize, but hard to kill them since they'd just streak away. Would it work if I build max resist with Vanguard's Challenge and Rush of Agony, and unstoppable skill? I need to target them whenever I see them again.

PS: I dont need to kill them, just drag them so they can't harass anyone. Someone got to do it.
Edited by moo_2021 on 31 March 2024 11:13
  • xMetalheartx
    xMetalheartx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since you pointed out that this "trolls" kill other players in PvP i would not call them trolls. It's normal for Sorcs to get out of bad situations with streaks.
    If you think killing player ins PvP is harassment, you should try to play some PvE
    @Sir_Metalheat
    Member of ACE - the Small-scale-Guild of ESO
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    [Snip]

vanguard wouldn't be great they would streak out of range and cancel its debuff, how about one set for speed and swift trait to keep up with them and use your roots,stuns,immo on them

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 10 April 2024 20:48
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    I only have stun and immobilize, but hard to kill them since they'd just streak away. Would it work if I build max resist with Vanguard's Challenge and Rush of Agony, and unstoppable skill? I need to target them whenever I see them again.

PS: I dont need to kill them, just drag them so they can't harass anyone. Someone got to do it.

You are the one harassing people in that case, not them. :)
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • xMetalheartx
    xMetalheartx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elrond87 wrote: »
    [Snip]

vanguard wouldn't be great they would streak out of range and cancel its debuff, how about one set for speed and swift trait to keep up with them and use your roots,stuns,immo on them

You sure? A guy with only Stun and immobilize is complaining that stunning by streak is harassment... just saying

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 10 April 2024 20:51
    @Sir_Metalheat
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »

You are the one harassing people in that case, not them. :)

They are playing DM in objective BGs and always camping in spawn to farm noobs where there is no objective.
  • xMetalheartx
    xMetalheartx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would someone play the objective in a BG? DM is more fun
    @Sir_Metalheat
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're basically saying all football games should be turned into group boxing.
  • xMetalheartx
    xMetalheartx
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I am not. If you play regular sport, you will play with like-minded people. In a MMO you will find every sort of player. Most of them are playing for fun. Their definition of fun might not be identical to yours. This results in recurring threads about "Fake-Tanks" in Dungeons, player who rush through the dungeon, players not playing objectives in BGs, players farming quester in Midyear Mayhem etc.
    You cannot change what other players are considering funny, so if you don't like that people go for kills in a PvP-game, this just might not be the right activity for you.
    @Sir_Metalheat
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Their attack is solely based on energy overlord but can easily kill the less tanky teammates and quite annoying.

Maybe silver leash to drag them away from objectives and your team? Also maybe could try Magicka drain poisons to eat away at the sustain?
    PvP needs more love.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so if you don't like that people go for kills in a PvP-game, this just might not be the right activity for you.

I'm not against kills of course, but they're just farming noobs far below their level. Since they don't earn any score, you wouldn't even see those guys on leaderboards, meaning they can stay in low MMR BGs forever.

Also spawn camping is prohibited in many games I play. This is just low and pathetic IMO.

It is the right activity for me to stop them. I might even enjoy dragging them into pointless long fights the whole game.
  • xMetalheartx
    xMetalheartx
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you enjoy it, that's fine. But let me tell you, you care more about the playing experience of these "noobs" than they do. Many of these noobs join a BG hoping that their team will get them to at least rank 2 and they'll end up with the transmute crystals. They usually don't even wear PvP gear. Not because they are too stupid to create a build, but because they just don't care. There are several guides on the internet and if you practice a bit, you will get better. The only way for a permanent improvement is to make these noobs better players. But how are you going to do that? Your own options to stop them from farming are limited. There's a cooldown on stuns and immobilizations - and that's a good thing. My advice to you is to enjoy the game and focus on having fun yourself. You can't save people who don't even care about themselves. And if you know people like that and want to help them get better at PvP, go to Cyro and join a Zerg. They can get some fights with good support and when they start to feel more comfortable, they can focus on targets outside the group until they can fight on their own.

P.S. I would not call it spawncamping. You are spawned in a safe area and decide by yourself if you jump back to PvP or not.
    @Sir_Metalheat
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way I'd abandon my teammates to die like that.

I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvrKLAe0Lak with some modifications it might work.

• gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're basically saying all football games should be turned into group boxing.

No, this would be like if a football game had 3 teams and 2 balls, and if one of the team's just avoided the other 2 teams and scored points without even interacting with the other teams.

Eso bg objectives (minus chaosball) don't work with 3 teams. Almost everyone in high mmr bgs prefers to play dm.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Streak always was strong. How to counter that thing? I don't know. As a templar it's impossible for me to outplay streak. I probably do something wrong, but i don't know. Streak give too much stun+ no target dash is too much. It's ok but too much. This way i should have 15 purge at one ritual cast if we want to balance that things compared to cost of spell.
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anti-streak potion. Oh wait there isn't one.

Either build specifically to deal with sorcs, get movement speed and a gap closer, or don't chase them.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way I'd abandon my teammates to die like that.

I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvrKLAe0Lak with some modifications it might work.

Wow the player in the video managed to annoy a lot of people!!! Is the set actually helpful beyond trolling?
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on 2 April 2024 13:58
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti-streak potion. Oh wait there isn't one.

Either build specifically to deal with sorcs, get movement speed and a gap closer, or don't chase them.

I have speed, gap closer and stun and okay defense on all my builds, but I want to stop those trolls from wiping other members in base. 1 could do that alone in low MMR, and my burst heal often fail due to desync / they die too fast and UI delays.

The typical tactic used to counter cloaking nb does not work on sorc at all.
  • pokrakus
    pokrakus
    ✭✭
    mmtaniac wrote: »
    Streak always was strong. How to counter that thing? I don't know. As a templar it's impossible for me to outplay streak. I probably do something wrong, but i don't know. Streak give too much stun+ no target dash is too much. It's ok but too much. This way i should have 15 purge at one ritual cast if we want to balance that things compared to cost of spell.

Being able to purge 5 bad efects from urself with one klik is one of the strongest abilities in this game (OP?), just saying especialy against dot focused builds. Templars are v hard to kill. Just not best in running and chaseing... I love playing templar is strong class just slow but add mist form + swift jewell and its not so slow any more... dont forget u can stun ppl from 28 m....
  • pokrakus
    pokrakus
    ✭✭
    22m my mistake
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time warped into 2014 with this thread haha.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purge was good, right now Elemental Sus grant you 5-6 debuffs on target for free so templar purge efficiency is not good enough right now. Game have too many free debuffs. Templar lost his identitiy as a purge class, you recast on ground hot wchich is bad design overall and remove only 5 effects when good player could add 15 on you in 2-3 seconds. I still can do much against bad players and feel like god but when i met thinking person i will lose fight most of the time or it will be at least draw.
    Edited by mmtaniac on 9 April 2024 06:56
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing you can do against shield+stream spam.
  • Bushido2513
    Bushido2513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Use ice warden with wall of elements and the warden ice skill that immobilizes and the.shield that stuns with a high health heal. You basically end up rooting or stunning them often.

Or go with DK chains and talons just make sure you setup for shield ult, leap with shield, etc.

In either build you may have to build in a little speed or vamp mist to be able to chase a bit.

If you do either of these right you can really lock down or at least greatly annoy sorcs and other players.

It's just going to be hard to balance staying alive against multiple players and having enough resources for all your skills
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate streak trolls...but I also love tossing around Aurora Javelin at everyone...

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this streaking in Cyrodiil or BGs? Because in BGs, if they are tanky, they usually have no offense so you can ignore them as you get cc immunity after the first streak. If they are not tanky, its pretty easy to chase them down as they will rapidly run out of magicka, and then they die.

If its Cyrodiil, chances are this sorc is baiting you into chasing him where his friends will kill you as you left the group. Same could potentially be said in BGs, though its more effective for the sorc to streak in his group so the others can take advantage.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since you pointed out that this "trolls" kill other players in PvP i would not call them trolls. It's normal for Sorcs to get out of bad situations with streaks.
    If you think killing player ins PvP is harassment, you should try to play some PvE

In reading that post I also wondered what is meant by the "less tanky teammate". Is the build a glass cannon? Is it even a PvP build?

I ask because I have had "snipers' hit me and fail to kill me. I am not tanky but do use a PvP build. When attacking a keep I have had the same sniper hit me multiple times and fail to kill me ever. It is why I hunt snipers when not running with my guild.

But the point. I figure they do not know how to build properly or are in a PvE build.

• Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just slot a gap closer. I wonder it’s even a thing.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gap closer. It's not good enough against sorc. Their shield could keep them alive, and they can't be driven away like nbs, because of streak.
  • Caecus0
    Caecus0
    ✭✭
    Steak is annoying, but Hardened Ward is a serious problem.

Both together can be very frustrating to fight, BELIEVE ME. But I wouldn't consider it harassment.

The only counter I have to Streak users is to expect to get stunned by it and be ready to break free the instant it happens. Bring a gap closer to get right back in their face. Take advantage of the fact you are immune to CC for a few seconds to make them pay for it.

Of course that would be the way to deal with it if Hardened Ward didn't get the change that it did. Now they can actually just laugh in my face as they just tank the damage even if they are squishballs.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think streak is a much stronger griefing and trolling tool than cloak.

This is because it provides an unblockable/undodgeable stun paired with chip damage and guaranteed free mobility (does not require a target). What an exceptional tool for cultivating tilt.

It is also a fact that all sorc mains make this face when they streak through an attempt on one of their team mates. This face is known as the troll face, and is primarily made by trolls such as the sorcs that do that.

uvt5poqusv8j.jpg