Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Graphics Quality in 1.55

Rouja
Rouja
✭✭
Hey there,

It seems like patch 1.55 has had an unexpected impact on the graphics quality for PS5 users in Performance mode.

Unfortunately, the patch notes didn't mention anything about this change :O Or I Haven’t found it...

The most noticeable difference is the character selection screen, which now appears a bit blurry and pixelated.

This is especially noticeable in comparison to the same graphics on a regular PS4 console (not even a PS4 Pro). On PS4, the same character selection screen looks sharp as always and not blurry at all.

It looks like these PS5 graphics are now rendered in lower resolution than the PS4 graphics. Can this be?

While in-game performance might have improved slightly, it also comes at the expense of visual quality in performance mode. Everything seems a bit less detailed, flatter, and overall less appealing.

Could we kindly request to revert back to the previous performance mode or improve the graphics?

Thanks for considering the feedback.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Hello. You should try the steps on this page, particularly the first which explains how to power cycle your PS5 https://beth.games/4ajCoOK Let us know if that makes any difference.
    Staff Post
  • Magnusson2004
    Rouja wrote: »
    Hey there,

It seems like patch 1.55 has had an unexpected impact on the graphics quality for PS5 users in Performance mode.

Unfortunately, the patch notes didn't mention anything about this change :O Or I Haven’t found it...

The most noticeable difference is the character selection screen, which now appears a bit blurry and pixelated.

This is especially noticeable in comparison to the same graphics on a regular PS4 console (not even a PS4 Pro). On PS4, the same character selection screen looks sharp as always and not blurry at all.

It looks like these PS5 graphics are now rendered in lower resolution than the PS4 graphics. Can this be?

While in-game performance might have improved slightly, it also comes at the expense of visual quality in performance mode. Everything seems a bit less detailed, flatter, and overall less appealing.

Could we kindly request to revert back to the previous performance mode or improve the graphics?

Thanks for considering the feedback.

Hi Zos...

I agree with OP's statement... I have the game on Xbsx too and that looks crisp in performance mode. But Ps5 looks blurry in performance mode...

I have done the steps you mention, does not help. Fiddling with tv settings etc.

It's the game...can Zos fix it?
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    You may want to submit a ticket if the above doesnt help. If it appears to be a common issue, receiving tickets from players that are having the same problem will indicate there is something that needs to be looked into
    Staff Post
  • Magnusson2004
    You may want to submit a ticket if the above doesnt help. If it appears to be a common issue, receiving tickets from players that are having the same problem will indicate there is something that needs to be looked into

Hi FalcoYamaoka,

Thanks for a speedy reply. I'll raise a ticket, see if that gets me anywhere 😄

Have an awesome day
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Magnusson2004

If you need any updates on your ticket, you can provide it here and we will check on it for you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Magnusson2004
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Magnusson2004

If you need any updates on your ticket, you can provide it here and we will check on it for you.

Hi Bill,

Thank you kindly. I will check up regularly and post here if needed :)

Hope you have a perfect day!
  • Magnusson2004
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Magnusson2004

Hi Bill,

Support has answered ..but it is just the same steps as I have done. Power cycling, delete data etc. Which I mentioned I already had done😄
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Magnusson2004

Thanks for the update. Just let support know you've already done these steps and they will suggest something else.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post