The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Khajiit's Tenmar Retreat | Version 1 | Transformation of Serenity Falls

MoonPile
MoonPile
✭✭✭✭
A custom build / reskin of Serenity Falls I've been working on for a long time.
This is Version 1. (TBC; waiting on necessary pieces)

DESCRIPTION:
Built around the ruins of an ancient temple at the edge of the Tenmar Forest, this serene oasis is home to a Khajiit Arcanist dragon-hunter. A perfectly lovely refuge, certainly nothing strange or untoward here!

...What's that you heard? Man-eating plants, loose daedra and Celestials, Apocryphal activities, and a suspicious fungal operation?! By Jone and Jode, walker, those are some accusations! Surely you've mistaken this one for some other sleek five-claw ;3

VISITOR TIPS: (Currently closed for renovations)
  • ⚠️ Please view in 3rd person, zoomed out, sunny weather
  • Reshade is highly recommended! For improving lighting, color-correction & more.
    (I use my own edit of Uber Fidelity Suite. Small details, like the way light hits foliage (SSS) are key; vanilla rendering doesn't do them justice.)

POINTS OF INTEREST: (+ secrets!)
(See screenshots + video tour, below)
  • Garden: a carefully-composed strolling-pond-garden, transforming Serenity Falls into Elsweyr. (See "Interesting tidbits" below.)
  • Fountain: perhaps there's more to it than meets the eye.
  • Greenhouse: Khajiit is a collector of rare botanical specimens from all around Tamriel, displayed here in beautiful morning light.
    Don't worry walker, the plants are mostly harmless! (⚠️ Look closely in the carnivorous corner; it appears some unfortunate soul antagonized them.)
  • Natural hot-springs: feel free to relax & enjoy!
  • Vine-tongue sentinel and frog-caller: must-haves for any discerning homeowner, of course.
  • Apocryphal study: Arcanist's reading nook, with a cast-iron bed overgrown by moss + portal to Apocrypha.
    If you ask nicely, Winston may read to you. (Whether or not he should is another matter; Khajiit is not responsible for any resulting madness.)
  • Observatory & workshop: Khajiit are in tune with the moons by nature. This one also studied the stars and Celestials with the Star-Gazers in Craglorn.
    ⚠️ Look out for a special visitor! (Oops, this one may not have sealed away *all* the creatures at Skyreach)
  • Orrery: interactive (something lives underneath!)
  • Cave by the waterfall: visit the ghost of a very old friend.
  • Home – FL 1: Adventurer's supplies; the "suspicious" fungal operation.
  • Home – FL 2: Dragon-hunter's study; bedroom loft with cat's best friend.
    ⚠️ Behind the Blackwood Tapestry, one may find some chilled "ingredients" for rheum extraction.
    How did you think Khajiit paid for all this land, hmm? By collecting enormous boogers, of course ;D

Interesting tidbits:
I have a wonderful memory of visiting a Japanese temple garden and admiring that stops along the path revealed scenes framed by natural elements. These are chief aesthetic principles of Japanese gardening, incl. chisen kaiyu shiki teien ("strolling pond gardens"). Miegakure ("seen / hidden") and shakkei ("borrowed scenery").
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_garden#Aesthetic_principles

VIDEO TOUR:
(Check the YouTube description for Chapters / POI!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqnjpv2aRvY

SCREENSHOTS:

Garden:

bwmqqskl3law.png

Come, walker! Let this one show you around...
629506wtmjj6.jpg

First stop, a pretty fountain!
u3r0ubc4c4o7.jpg

Perhaps there's more to it than meets the eye...
cjxumt5lugpq.jpg

sil1f71s6cg1.png

26lu98iw39i4.jpg

Greenhouse:

ufr9ub40wyij.jpg

Khajiit is a collector of rare botanical specimens from all around Tamriel,
5kkjrpuhdur6.jpg
k78f1aaf3r5b.jpg

...displayed here in beautiful morning light,
kpi7ngz49ov7.jpg

...and evening:
itr2s22ejx3o.jpg

Don't worry walker, the plants are mostly harmless! They only bite if you antagonize them.
heijx6kdqbso.jpg

⚠️ Hm... perhaps someone did not heed Khajiit's warning. Well, accidents happen!
bxm1erjlb4u6.jpg

Apocryphal study:

Arcanist's reading nook, with a cast-iron bed overgrown by moss:
1ayc6if0ooh7.jpg

Apocryphal portal:
cvjh4wqlpa2o.jpg

If you ask nicely, Winston may read to you.
(Whether or not he should is another matter; Khajiit is not responsible for any resulting madness.)
nutorakftcsb.jpg

Observatory & workshop:

Khajiit are in tune with the moons by nature,
But this one also spent time with the Star-Gazers in Craglorn, studying the stars and Celestials.
i74ywgxms8ln.jpg

5vp25gz6z70w.jpg

blx0il71pts3.jpg

⚠️ A special visitor may appear in the celestial shrine.
(Oops, this one may not have sealed away *all* the creatures at Skyreach ;))
icnxawiwmxv4.jpg

Orrery.
(Something lives beneath!)
0iy3txwgqclg.jpg

Orrery activated.
b47kqv317z7q.jpg

Cave by the waterfall:

Visiting the ghost of an old friend.
1inyb8o7fj7c.jpg

Tenmar Jungle:
ljff98y9298g.jpg

nfncybuwqcjd.jpg

House:

Adventurer's supplies. Where will we head next?
lj1fbv40rsm7.jpg

The aforementioned "suspicious" fungal operation.
sb0eak5hczkm.jpg

Dragon-hunter's study.
phclv4msg6u5.jpg

Bedroom loft with cat's best friend.
i7ja4a2hnlff.jpg

⚠️ Behind the Blackwood Tapestry, one may find some chilled "ingredients" for rheum extraction.
How did you think Khajiit paid for all this land, hmm? By collecting enormous boogers, of course ;D
i3zkex0atij3.jpg
hifs5ukneoig.jpg

Thank you for stopping by!
ulzmy1yrvmcc.jpg

Edited by MoonPile on 10 April 2024 23:09
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    how the heck did you stuff all that in there and not go over the furnishing limit lol
    it's very beautiful
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to visit this house.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
    Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    how the heck did you stuff all that in there and not go over the furnishing limit lol
    it's very beautiful

Thank you xD that's partly why it's taking so long. Even though it was always the idea to only use part of the space, when I started I somehow didn't realize just how little 700 slots actually is, especially after landscaping!
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing! I got some ideas for my Serenity Falls, thought it will not be quite as lavish as what you have created.
    :)
    There is a lot of outside space and I had not figured out what to do with all of it yet.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just adding a calming shot I liked: napping in my spot, between dragon hunts ^^

2lvgtu6bnwdi.jpg

Hope you're all enjoying Jubilee! 🎉

Edited by MoonPile on 10 April 2024 23:13
    Options