Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request for Installing on Rosetta 2 Documentation!

Romilly
Romilly
✭✭✭
Hi,

Can anyone please document how they got Elder Scrolls Online running on a pristine ARM mac(book) (air). I understand there's some kind of emulation mode for the new ARM macs, called Rosetta 2, but I have seen zero explanations of what steps are need to go from having an account on ESO to having it running on Rosetta 2.

I don't have a M2 yet, but it'll be here tomorrow, and I can't wait to see whether it will be better than running on my old MacBook Pro (2015), which quite frankly was a poor experience (very low settings to get less than 30 fps).

Thanks in advance,
Rom
Edited by Romilly on 28 March 2024 19:20
  • denisclairetneb18_ESO
    there is a steam client.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    That's fairly cryptic. Do you mean you have to use Steam to install the game? I don't own the game on Steam, and my account is tied to the ZOS version (I thought).
  • TheBunny
    TheBunny
    ✭✭
    Romilly wrote: »
    That's fairly cryptic. Do you mean you have to use Steam to install the game? I don't own the game on Steam, and my account is tied to the ZOS version (I thought).

You should be able to down load any intel app and when you try and run it the OS should ask you to if it can download and install.

If that does not work you can ask google how to install it and theres a command line command you can use to trigger the same thing.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! But ZOS and Nvidia has answered my prayers and its now available for all platforms via GeForce Now! If you have high speed internet it rocks!
    Edited by Romilly on 5 April 2024 01:25
  • CrushDepth
    I had to install Rosetta to use other software on my new M2 Mac mini. I was not aware that ESO required it also, does it really? I just dowloaded it the "regular way" online, never messed with Steam using my ISP and Ethernet.
    However, I had been out of town and was not expecting some massive change in the the UI and a new login system or perhaps that was the Rosetta experience.

I did a little more looking after posting this and ESO is 'flagged' as Intel so Rosetta is required.
    Edited by CrushDepth on 10 April 2024 16:54