The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Warden's Piercing Cold passive does not provide 12% damage bonus when Ice Staff is equipped [CLOSED]

taugrim
taugrim
✭✭✭✭✭
I compared damage on the tooltip for Force Pulse between gold Ice Staff and Lightning Staff on my Magden. The tooltips should be the same, right?

Piercing Cold gives 12% damage increase with Ice Staff for Warden.
Ancient Knowledge gives 12% damage increase to direct damage with Lightning Staff.

I thought maybe my passives needed to be reset with Update 41 (obviously, they shouldn't), and the tooltips with Ice Staff only went up ~2% when I put 2 points in Piercing Cold.
Edited by taugrim on 30 March 2024 21:46
PC | NA | CP 2.2k
  • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
  • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
  • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could be a tool tip issue. Have you tested it on a dummy?
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) The tooltips should be the same separately, but not when you combine them. The tooltip is partly bugged when using Piercing Cold. It reflects the 2% base bonus but not the 10% ice staff bonus.

With an ice staff: 2% base from Piercing Cold + 10% ice staff bonus from Piercing Cold = 12%

With a lightning staff: 2% base from Piercing Cold + 12% lightning staff bonus from Ancient Knowledge = 14%

2) The tooltip when holding an ice staff does not reflect the 10% ice staff bonus from Piercing Cold (a tooltip bug), but the damage certainly seems to.

On PTS I'm seeing the following values for Force Shock on a 6m dummy. I didn't have full pen, so there will be mitigation from the remaining armor on the dummy.

Ice: tooltip 1689, damage 1325

Lightning: tooltip 1888, damage 1349

Inferno: tooltip 1689, damage 1206

The damage done with lightning staff is 1.8% more than the damage done with ice staff, correctly representing 114%/112%.

(For the damage done with the inferno staff, the figure of 1206 represents 102% here due to the +2% base bonus from Piercing Cold.)
    Edited by virtus753 on 27 March 2024 00:52
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for clarifying
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)