The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PVP instant deaths

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
I ventured into cyrodiil and got insta killed three times in a row by the same player and I even did not see him/her. I heard one single sound and me dead. First time I was on a mount and got insta killed like that together with my horse that was killed along the process.

Is this normal?

Ok, my character is not a tank, but usually I manage to at least a few seconds to stay alive before I die. Even gankers don't kill me that fast usually.

I've made three screenshots of the damage screen and I can post it here after removing all names.

Strange thing is, that when I sum up the damage the value is below my health.
Edited by AnduinTryggva on 26 March 2024 13:09
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have combat metrics addon? It'd record all details.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but did not know that it works in pvp. will check it out if this happens to me again.
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes but did not know that it works in pvp. will check it out if this happens to me again.

There are some options you need to enable for it to work in pvp.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death 1:
    Ok, I got some dmg from jumping but not that much:
    death1.jpg

Death 2 is more suspicious as I have no idea where I got the "Fallschaden" (damage from falling down) from. I was just walking and running in a small mellee
    death2.jpg

Here death 3:
    death3.jpg
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a fairly straight forward gank. Maybe a little lag that caused the hits to appear to land all at once.

As to the recap not summing to more than your health, it is only showing the recent attacks, not all attacks. So say you have 25K health, and the recap only showed 20K damage. Presumably, a skill/attack that landed just before the first attack listed in the recap did the first chunk of ~5K damage to allow the remaining hits to kill you.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing the new set here in all three recaps. Tarnished Nightmare.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Status effect gank probably. This was already very strong and got buffed by last patch's status effect changes and the addition of that set.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    yup, this was me for a while.

Travel in groups, use the zone chat to alert others, stealth pots, shield wall , or move to another area.

Don't be afraid to get a bit tankier either. I use to always run Pariah, and up my resistances...my only goal in Cyr at the beginning was too survive. Meridia's Blessed Armor - old set, but run around with block for a bit, you might get lucky.
    Mediums sets help dodge.

It is part of the game - getting chewed on....good luck!

Z
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Death 1:
    Ok, I got some dmg from jumping but not that much:

Death 2 is more suspicious as I have no idea where I got the "Fallschaden" (damage from falling down) from. I was just walking and running in a small mellee

Here death 3:

Recap miss the full damage and sometimes the individual values are wrong. You need combat metrics.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB's are grossly OP these days and way out of balance compared to other classes. That's what happened.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ProudMary wrote: »
    NB's are grossly OP these days and way out of balance compared to other classes. That's what happened.

At this point, I think everyone is aware that the Tarnished set is broken.

• Galeriano2
    Galeriano2
    ✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »

Tarnished is mostly fine excluding the bug with magicka detonation ability. What is broken is a nightblade class.
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano2 wrote: »

Tarnished is mostly fine excluding the bug with magicka detonation ability. What is broken is a nightblade class.

I disagree that nightblade is broken and raise you dragon knight is broken in pvp and pve. Tons of damage and nigh unkillable in pvp and pve. Nightblade is good in pvp and very mediocre in pve. I laughed looking at vet arena leaderboards the other day, all dragon knights.

• Galeriano2
    Galeriano2
    ✭✭✭
    shimm wrote: »

I disagree that nightblade is broken and raise you dragon knight is broken in pvp and pve. Tons of damage and nigh unkillable in pvp and pve. Nightblade is good in pvp and very mediocre in pve. I laughed looking at vet arena leaderboards the other day, all dragon knights.

This thread is PvP focused and in PvP nightblade is just straight broken there is no sugercoating or denying it. Class is completly overloaded.

In PvE it's pretty mediocre as group content DD that is a fact but it still performs really well as a trial healer and it's also really strong in solo content holding a top score in solo Infinite Archive by reaching arc 15-4-1 and performing relatively well in other solo arenas. If You were looking at solo arena leaderboards while being logged on a DK than You were seeing only DK scores by default.
  • Praid_Crimson
    Praid_Crimson
    ✭✭

This thread is PvP focused and in PvP nightblade is just straight broken there is no sugercoating or denying it. Class is completly overloaded.

In PvE it's pretty mediocre as group content DD that is a fact but it still performs really well as a trial healer and it's also really strong in solo content holding a top score in solo Infinite Archive by reaching arc 15-4-1 and performing relatively well in other solo arenas. If You were looking at solo arena leaderboards while being logged on a DK than You were seeing only DK scores by default.

NB is broken??? :smile: say hello to full proc or 15k shield sorcs, DK, and arcs)))
  • Galeriano2
    Galeriano2
    ✭✭✭

NB is broken??? :smile: say hello to full proc or 15k shield sorcs, DK, and arcs)))

Yeah sure those mentioned are also strong but nb is still leagues above to the poiint those other mentioned setups almost looks like perfectly balanced ones. Also nightblade can go full proc and he is actually one of the best classes to do so.
    Edited by Galeriano2 on 29 March 2024 09:00
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nightblade is way better than any of those mentioned.

Not a single other class can global you with 30k+ damage without procs.

Not to mention the fact that Nightblade has some of the best survivability in the game, on a class originally designed to be a glass cannon.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any experience, as I have never tested this by myself, but there is a discussion here where people say its broken in combination with another set.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing in the ops screenshots suggest someone exploiting. It isn't even a lot of damage, just a combo.

If op had 30k resists, decent crit resist, and 40k hp, and got 1 shot I'd be more concerned. But that doesn't look like the case at all.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, they are either using Cheat Engine or have setup macros. I don't have lag and experienced that one enemy one shot me with just one light melee attack (I had about 30k health and 15k resist). Yet the death recap shows he/she hit me with about 5 different skills (only one melee skill several times while the others were ranged for two or three times).

Those situations happened after just joining a whole red map (so death recap should be empty) and non busy time (around 3am on PC/NA) so pointing my death because of lag should be invalidated.
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah I've noticed this as well. I'm taking fall damage for no reason.

Its happened several times since the last update.
    We Know...
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But NBs actually have taken a back-seat to Sorcs in a way. Its true that NBs are still better bombers but I think as far as ganking is concerned and hit-run that Sorcs are far more effective. And god help you if there are 2 or more of them doing this together.
    We Know...
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    For me, they are either using Cheat Engine or have setup macros. I don't have lag and experienced that one enemy one shot me with just one light melee attack (I had about 30k health and 15k resist). Yet the death recap shows he/she hit me with about 5 different skills (only one melee skill several times while the others were ranged for two or three times).

Those situations happened after just joining a whole red map (so death recap should be empty) and non busy time (around 3am on PC/NA) so pointing my death because of lag should be invalidated.

You think you don't have lag. Everyone has lag. Games go very well out of their way to hide it as much as possible. ESO especially. Literally nothing you see on your screen reflects the exact state of the server. You're basically watching a playback of what everyone else was doing in the past, all at different times and speeds and the info comes in and the client tries to smooth it all out and make it appear sensible from a human's perspective.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst one I’ve had so far. I moved out of standard and convergence quick and just insta died. Sets totally busted, how this got in like this is unbelievable

y52no4wxrkm6.jpeg
  • Galeriano2
    Galeriano2
    ✭✭✭
    Vulkunne wrote: »

But NBs actually have taken a back-seat to Sorcs in a way. Its true that NBs are still better bombers but I think as far as ganking is concerned and hit-run that Sorcs are far more effective. And god help you if there are 2 or more of them doing this together.

No they didn't. Nightblade is still the king of nuking people.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to the day when "balancing PVP" in ESO means something other than "making the strongest specs even stronger."
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oneshot exploit looks like this:

wgq4t8oq6o6h.jpeg

Crushing Weapon without LA.. hats off )
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I am the OP I'd like to emphasize that i did not claim to have been a certain victim of an exploit although I was not sure about it either. Because of that instantaneousity of the hits that killed me (and my horse). It felt more like getting one hit that killed me. And this looked weird. I however also considered some computer or latency issues as possible reason for me not getting cues about preceeding hits so it looked to me like I only got one but got more in fact.

• Praid_Crimson
    Praid_Crimson
    ✭✭

Nightblade is way better than any of those mentioned.

Not a single other class can global you with 30k+ damage without procs.

Not to mention the fact that Nightblade has some of the best survivability in the game, on a class originally designed to be a glass cannon.

facepalm
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »
    The worst one I’ve had so far. I moved out of standard and convergence quick and just insta died. Sets totally busted, how this got in like this is unbelievable

y52no4wxrkm6.jpeg

I knew something was up when I suddenly started getting hit by a particular skill more in one day than I had been in the entire five months leading up to that point… I hope they all enjoy their “inevitable” vacations from the game.