The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

safest way to get tel var stones to imperial sewers bank

Nocturne Saint
Nocturne Saint
✭✭✭
So I just found out you can bank your tel var stones. and apparently i need to buy gear with tel var stones for one of my builds.
so what is the safest way to gather tel var stones and get them to the bank in imperial city sewers? if that's even possible?

assuming it will be difficult to get away with my tel var stones without getting ganked and having them stolen from me,.
wondering what the safest way to do this with the least amount of risk of losing them.

I run NA Pc server, what time would cyrodel be the least populated?
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just queue for Ravenwatch, the no proc, no CP campaign, from IC. That campaign is always dead, so you’ll get in immediately.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ That.

After you've collected enough Tel Var stones that you're starting to feel nervous about potentially losing half of them, find a safe spot where you can hit L and queue for one of the Cyrodiil campaigns-- it doesn't matter which, so pick the one without a queue, or with the shortest queue.

As soon as you get to Cyrodiil, hit L again and queue for the Imperial City again. When you arrive at your base, bank your Tel Var and go back into the districts or sewers to get more Tel Var.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like the other comments here have mentioned, you queue to Cyrodiil and back (which will drop you back in the alliance base).
    If you use addons, there's even an addon called Tel Var Saver that will let you hotkey a queue, and even has an option to queue you automatically at a given Tel Var threshold.
  • silentxthreat
    silentxthreat
    ✭✭✭
    you port out but that shouldnt be a option. you should need to buy imperial retreat stones or run back to your base imo
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For extra safety I always run to the small side doors that put you up on a balcony in the next district before queueing, can't be attacked up there.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you port out but that shouldnt be a option. you should need to buy imperial retreat stones or run back to your base imo

I suspect that ZOS could "patch" the game to stop the cross-campaign queuing if they wanted, but they haven't done so and I doubt they ever will.

Besides, where would they draw the line? No queuing for dungeons and Battlegrounds and such when in Cyrodiil or Imperial City? After all, why should it be limited to queuing between Cyrodiil and Imperial City and back?

The recall thingies are a convenience that lets you return to base or (in Cyrodiil) to a safe keep without needing to queue out of and leave your current campaign.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I suspect that ZOS could "patch" the game to stop the cross-campaign queuing if they wanted.

They could because it works exactly that way for trying to travel IC -> IC or Cyro -> Cyro but not IC -> Cyro.

Having said that players could simply queue for dungeons or BG's instead so all queuing would need to be disabled if this was the case and that might be frustrating for players.

Much simpler to warn prior to queuing that porting out will cause a loss of 50% of your carried tel'vars
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my suggestion for the safest method to get tel var is to stay in the loop near your home base, as that is the least likely you will find other players (sometimes its quiet enough you wont even see ally players lol)

this also allows for quick easy access to your base for depositing

its not incredibly fast, but it is reliable and consistent
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • soelslaev
    soelslaev
    ✭✭
    what time would cyrodel Imperial City be the least populated?

In no-CP campaign Imp City, you will find a higher percentage of lone enemy players that will ignore than you will in CP campaign. This is because when you run across each other you are probably both just there to farm siege of cyrodiil merits or tel var. Notice I did not say all lone players, however.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I suspect that ZOS could "patch" the game to stop the cross-campaign queuing if they wanted, but they haven't done so and I doubt they ever will.

Besides, where would they draw the line? No queuing for dungeons and Battlegrounds and such when in Cyrodiil or Imperial City? After all, why should it be limited to queuing between Cyrodiil and Imperial City and back?

The recall thingies are a convenience that lets you return to base or (in Cyrodiil) to a safe keep without needing to queue out of and leave your current campaign.

The line would be very easy. Make it like a door in IC - if you've recently dealt or taken damage, you cannot start a new queue. You'd still be able to accept queues, and still be able to start a queue in combat - just not while actively taking or dealing damage.

It's asinine that you can be on the verge of death and completely negate the risk/reward gameplay of IC by queuing out mid-fight.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think you can queue or accept a queue while in combat (at least that’s how it works when queuing for dungeons in my experience). I expect that anyone who disappears midfight had already accepted a queue pop but it can take a minute to actually port out.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think you can queue or accept a queue while in combat (at least that’s how it works when queuing for dungeons in my experience). I expect that anyone who disappears midfight had already accepted a queue pop but it can take a minute to actually port out.

Agreed.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is incorrect. you can both queue and auto accept via addons and manually mid fight via the notifications menu.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Erm, no. You can queue and accept a queue while in combat - it's a big problem in IC, where people are completely avoiding the danger of losing their Tel Var as soon as they see combat.

The only difference of being in combat vs not being in combat is that while in combat, you dont get the pop-up letting you know that your queue is ready. This is completely negated by an auto-accept addon, or by going to the notification tab.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 3 April 2024 14:08
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

even without addons you can accept queues while in combat, they show up in your notification window instead of a "quick use" popup
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In that case, unless the stuck-in-combat bug is a thing in IC as well, ZOS should fix it so you can’t queue during combat in IC — accept (I didn’t know that was possible but I’ll take your word for it) and port should still be allowed.