The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cloudrest Trial - Time to fix it

Jywebbs
Jywebbs
✭✭
Hi here,

It will be a while since this trial (Cloudrest) required special attention in terms of stability and bugs encountered.

Yesterday with my regular Saturday evening group, we did several tests on vCR+0 and +1 and encountered many issues :
  • Non-functional synergies (environment + players)
  • Skills that do not launch or only after several spams
  • Skills that trigger their visual animations but stop before the end so do not launch
  • Tanks taking too much damage (much more than usual) before U41, did we missed something in the patchnote about this behavior ?

We have strong impression that when the instance is generated, it's like a lottery: either we're lucky enough to have a correct occurrence or a total mess.

Would it be possible to study this seriously, knowing that this is not the only trial wich is subject to these types of issues.
Given example : "seal" a functional version of the trial occurence with a CRC check performed on the fly on the server side just before deployment and if it fails, restart a build on the fly until the CRC returns match compliant ?
I suspect there are many ways to do this and your network architects and/or developers will know what I'm talking about.

The fact here : it's not a fresh subject. “Asylum Sanctuary” is also subject to a lot of bugs like this and we encountered others on different events.

Please avoid highlighting these with the use of addons, I deactivated everything to be sure that it does not come from addons. We also noticed on several occasions that the responses from your technical services used the easy route of addons to avoid looking into the real problems encountered with this game.
This is not a provocation, a simple observation linked to the answers that we too often consider elusive.

thank you for your attention
"Utilise à bon escient les bienfaits de la Nature. Respecte son pouvoir et crains sa colère."
  • festegios
    festegios
    ✭✭✭
    Same bug on console.

So add ons are not the issue
  • ElderSmitter
    ElderSmitter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just did vCR+0 No issues in like 15 minutes. I do know about the synergy bug as I have seen it not pop up in portals myself running to go up on wall. Roll Dodging fixes it if I recall. I Tank vCR all the time. Only time i recall taking a Ton of Damage is when someone exposes 3 Synergies in Portal. You only want max 2 exposed at the same time.

Now that you mentioned taking more damage than usual I will keep an eye out for that thanks!