The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Bug] Dread Lady's Letter, Daedric Cults

Dagraenion
I have already finished the Prologue, "A Mortal's Touch." I have gone everywhere where it supposedly spawns after doing the quest, but I can't seem to find the eidetic memory! Please, someone help me with this, or fix this.
  • Dagraenion
    Please take notice of this, ZOS.
  • WodanSB
    WodanSB
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem.
    I'm missing the entry for "Dread Lady's Letter" in "Daedric cults"

I started the prologue quest from the Crown Store menu and not by interacting with the letter which could be found in Rivenspire, Malabal Tor and Shadowfen.

This gave me the entry in "Mysteries and clues", but not the one in "Daedric cults".

Anyone know if there is a different location where we can still find the letter after doing the quest?

Thanks in advance!
    Edited by WodanSB on 23 March 2024 23:10
  • BixenteN7Akantor
    BixenteN7Akantor
    ✭✭✭
    Same here with Elegian Notes from the Waking Flame Camp in Greenshade only accessible with Deadlands prologue quest :/
  • Dagraenion
    WodanSB wrote: »
    I have the same problem.
    I'm missing the entry for "Dread Lady's Letter" in "Daedric cults"

I started the prologue quest from the Crown Store menu and not by interacting with the letter which could be found in Rivenspire, Malabal Tor and Shadowfen.

This gave me the entry in "Mysteries and clues", but not the one in "Daedric cults".

Anyone know if there is a different location where we can still find the letter after doing the quest?

Thanks in advance!

So far, I haven't heard anything yet. We must keep traffic of this thread active so ZOS will take notice.
  • Dagraenion
    Same here with Elegian Notes from the Waking Flame Camp in Greenshade only accessible with Deadlands prologue quest :/

I haven't encountered this bug yet.
  • The_Mothman53
    The_Mothman53
    Soul Shriven
    Same here I have already finished the quest and I am missing the Dread Lady's Letter in Mysteries and Clues and Daedric Cults. I search in all six locations known for post quest spawns and its not there. Talked to support and through 6-7 members of the support I got nothing. Just either look harder or they are talking about the main quest books in the Harborage. Eventually one said "All general Troubleshooting for in game issues has been exhausted at this time. We recommend sharing your experience directly with the developers in the form of in game feedback so they may attempt to reproduce the issue in order to investigate potential solutions. The more players share feedback the more information the developers will have when considering future updates and patches and we appreciate you taking the time to do so."
  • Dagraenion
    I only have Daedric Cults missing. We just need to keep this thread alive so ZOS will take notice of it, eventually.
  • Nilum
    Nilum
    Soul Shriven
    Same, did the prologue, found the one dreadladys letter under the lorebooks Mysteries and Clues
    can't find the same letter for the Daedric Cults entry.

most annoying that the game still does this where it has a collection mechanic and it's not tested that it's possible to complete after the fact, i'd assume, that after the quest the letter spawns outside the delves, and lorebooks shows it should do, but there's nothing infront of any of the three alliance delves
  • Dagraenion
    Nilum wrote: »
    Same, did the prologue, found the one dreadladys letter under the lorebooks Mysteries and Clues
    can't find the same letter for the Daedric Cults entry.

most annoying that the game still does this where it has a collection mechanic and it's not tested that it's possible to complete after the fact, i'd assume, that after the quest the letter spawns outside the delves, and lorebooks shows it should do, but there's nothing infront of any of the three alliance delves

I feel you! Why would they make it so difficult to get lorebooks, eidetic memories, etc., after doing the quests related to them? It doesn't make any sense at all!

ZOS, please take notice of this!
  • Nilum
    Nilum
    Soul Shriven
    and to add insult to injury, if you find the letter in front of the delve instead of starting the quest from the crownstore, it'd have functioned correctly.
    or that the letter is there and then despawns once you reach a certain point on the prologue, so the fix 'i'd guess' would be to just not despawn the letter. boom fixed.
  • Dagraenion
    and to add insult to injury, if you find the letter in front of the delve instead of starting the quest from the crownstore, it'd have functioned correctly.
    or that the letter is there and then despawns once you reach a certain point on the prologue, so the fix 'i'd guess' would be to just not despawn the letter. boom fixed.

Exactly! I tried going to the starter place using another toon, but the letter still doesn't show. ZOS needs to take notice of this and fix this before deciding to drop another zone.
  • Nilum
    Nilum
    Soul Shriven

That's always been the case, i.e.' get given a lorebook for a quest, and it doesn't flag as read unless you manually read it from your inv' and then the quest ends and it gets taken off you, arrrrrh screams my osd
  • Dagraenion

That's always been the case, i.e.' get given a lorebook for a quest, and it doesn't flag as read unless you manually read it from your inv' and then the quest ends and it gets taken off you, arrrrrh screams my osd

Oh, I tried reading the quest item, but it isn't the Daedric Cults one. I tried.
  • Dagraenion
    Sadly, this issue wasn't addressed in the current patch notes. ZOS, take notice!
  • Dagraenion
    ZOS, take notice of this already!
  • Nilum
    Nilum
    Soul Shriven
    After some more digging i think this is what's happening or as best as i can guess.

my toon is EP alliance, it seems i read the EP delve book, but the eidetic memory entry seems to have the requirement to read all 3 delve location books ? see:

sip1knzqucd7.jpg

yderj0zm0dh8.jpg
    jhciocx2y3qe.jpg

lorebooks addon showing the EP and AD delve zones

0fbon4w1ht31.jpg

doesn't spawn the books outside the delves post quest, ( anymore?, maybe it used to do this )
  • Dagraenion
    I am also EP, so I don't have an answer for you. It doesn't spawn there for me.
  • Dagraenion
    @ZOS_Kevin help us out, please.