The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Most effects-heavy Trial or Dungeon?

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
For a while now I’ve been having issues with big fights. Monsters and effects were not appearing for a solid 10-15 seconds and the game would frequently choke up in combat against World Bosses, Volcanic Vents and anything similar in size. This has also made it difficult to meaningfully participate in Trials and even some of the dicier Dungeons. Some of the problem is likely due to my internet, which is lousy, but some of this may be due to my rig, which was new and moderately powerful when ESO first came out, but hasn’t had much in the way of upgrades since then.

Cut to about a week ago, and my 10+ year old CPU finally died. I now have a shiny new one on the way, along with upgrades/replacements for about half the rest of the rig. I want to put the new pieces through their paces and find out how much of the problem was the outdated rig and how much I’m stuck with.

To that end: what are the most computationally-intensive Trials or Dungeons? Ideally, this would be on normal (as I would prefer not to subject a Vet run to my issues if it turns out most of them are internet-related) but if a Vet dungeon has a mechanic that is particularly hard on the computer, feel free to make note of it.
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most mechanics generally arent computationally intensive, though it sounds like your looking for something visually intensive

i think any trial would be sufficient to test this out as there are 12 players with graphics plus whatever is going on from the bosses in the trial itself

dungeons usually have less visual clutter (due to less players) though there are a few that have a lot of visuals from the bosses

most group dungeons on normal you might not even see most of the mechanics due to burning through everything

the other option that could be a possibly is pvp, as a large fight in cyro is very visually intensive between 50 players effects going off + siege + the keep + guards
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options