Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox controller even more broken now

kyatos_binarini
kyatos_binarini
✭✭✭
With U41, a fresh batch of controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) bugs for mac players arrived:

Previously bugged mappings:
  • LB -> DPad down
  • RB -> DPad left
  • LStick -> LB
  • RStick -> RB
  • Menu -> LStick
  • Select -> as intended
  • Other buttons didn't work at all (but still could be mapped by Steam Input)

Currently bugged mappings:
  • A -> Select
  • B -> A
  • Y -> X
  • DPad up -> Y
  • DPad left -> LB
  • DPad right -> RB
  • RB -> LB
  • LT, RT -> as intended
  • X, DPad down, Select, Menu, LB - doesn't work

Previously, it was still possible to work around Xbox controller issues using Steam Input (it was far from perfect but still playable), but now the game ignores it. After U41 this game is impossible to play on mac with controller (at least xbox).
Edited by kyatos_binarini on 12 March 2024 08:57
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @kyatos_binarini

If you are using any 3rd party controller support applications, please try disabling them and see if that helps with the button mapping issues.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • kyatos_binarini
    kyatos_binarini
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @kyatos_binarini

If you are using any 3rd party controller support applications, please try disabling them and see if that helps with the button mapping issues.

I don’t have any 3rd party controller applications, only native preinstalled driver.

Disabling steam input doesn’t change anything (as I mentioned before, the game now just ignores it).

Other games don’t have such problems.

Steam and other gamepad checkers (like https://hardwaretester.com/gamepad) also show correct mappings.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @kyatos_binarini

Thanks for providing these details on what you've tried so far. In order to look into this further, please go ahead and open a ticket with our support team here.
    Staff Post
  • Menahir101
    Menahir101
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the exact same problem. New Xbox Elite v2 controller on M2 Mac running ESO through Steam. The controller mapping is completely fubar and appears to match what @kyatos_binarini is seeing.

Game version: eso.live.10.0.5.2891024 2024/05/29 22:37:18 (4000.win.2891024.live.2891024)
  • kyatos_binarini
    kyatos_binarini
    ✭✭✭
    it looks like mac version of the game doesn’t support modern controllers. i tried my friend’s xbox controller (old one, non elite) and it worked perfectly.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Menahir101

If you've already started a ticket, you are welcome to post the number here if you need any updates.
    Staff Post