The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is gming for multiple guilds possible?

Dramallama
Dramallama
✭✭
Is there a rule against owning multiple guilds? I have heard some people say they were able to do so through being made the gm or being the only one in the guild, but I've also heard others say its a bug. I ask because I'd like to have two rp groups for two different concepts, one more niche than the other. And I want to know if that'll be a problem before I start planning for it because I haven't been able to find anything specific on it.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game won’t let you be a GM for more than one guild. If you are already a GM you won’t be able to be made GM of a second guild.

Even if a guild only has two people in it and the GM leaves, the game disbands the guild instead of transferring ownership of the second player is the GM of another guild.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Dramallama
    Dramallama
    ✭✭
    That's fair. Would using an alt account to make the second guild be allowed then? It's less about 'is it possible to do it' and more 'do the rules allow it or is there some fine print clause I'm missing'
    Edited by Dramallama on 12 March 2024 05:26
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dramallama wrote: »
    That's fair. Would using an alt account to make the second guild be allowed then? It's less about 'is it possible to do it' and more 'do the rules allow it or is there some fine print clause I'm missing'

Yah you could use a second account to GM a second guild and invite your main to it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've noticed that's how a lot of big trade guilds work.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

I've noticed that's how a lot of big trade guilds work.

For our guilds, we bought dedicated accounts to be the GMs. One nice benefit of that is that any gold or items are mixed in with the GM's personal stuff.
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no rule against it beyond the limitations imposed by the system - one account can't actually be Leader of more than one guild, but one person can.

Two accounts is one way to do it and if you want to maintain control it's the best choice. Another way I know of is to have someone else be the official leader and then set up another rank with full permissions and assign the real leader to that so they can still run things. Either the 'official leader' defers to them or they run things jointly.

I've been in a few guilds that are part of one giant guild/alliance where one person is the overall leader of the whole group, but only officially leader of one guild, but the leaders of the other guilds follow their lead and defer to them on decisions.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"