The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

game latency keeps spiking at 999+ every 10 seconds or so and freezing in dungeon for 2-3 seconds

davapoole
davapoole
✭✭✭
since todays update my game keeps going to 999+ and even min latency was usually 65-85 now its 100-133 then hits 450 and then 999 and when doing the new dungeon was freezing for 2-4 seconds at a time constantly. i was even getting the freezes when i was doing the daily crafting. i will try removing my whole addon folder later and try again. but just wanted to see if anyone else was getting the same issue
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 12 March 2024 17:05
  • MorganaBlue
    MorganaBlue
    ✭✭✭
    same issue for me, in all zones. I disabled addons, tried zone-hopping because sometimes you'll find zones with no lag, but even that didn't work.

I already followed all of the suggested fixes over a week ago in their help section for latency issues:
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/9094

..because I've been plagued with lag lately in certain areas, .but my latency is now between 600 and +999 on the entire map, and there's no way I can play the game like this. This is the only one of the 5 MMO's I play in which I have any kind of lag issues. I was playing an MMO on Korean servers with less latency even before connecting to VPN. LOL

PC EU. Please fix, thanks.
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    is the same for me in different zones on pc EU and standing still i tried to cast a skill and was 3-4 seconds before it casts and latency goes from 135 which is double what min latency used to be yesterday to 500-999+. i had no issue yesterday and day of update 41 its like someone smashed it with a hammer. i am in uk on virgin media in case that makes any difference and windows 10. i even removed the whole addons folder and restarted and still same. i reverted beta launcher back to original and still same also.
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    i was playing another game 10 mins before starting eso with 35ms lag and this is now unplayable as you cannot cast any skills as the game freezes and you wait 3 seconds for it to reset and everything has hit you and dead
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    same issue for me, in all zones. I disabled addons, tried zone-hopping because sometimes you'll find zones with no lag, but even that didn't work.

I already followed all of the suggested fixes over a week ago in their help section for latency issues:
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/9094

..because I've been plagued with lag lately in certain areas, .but my latency is now between 600 and +999 on the entire map, and there's no way I can play the game like this. This is the only one of the 5 MMO's I play in which I have any kind of lag issues. I was playing an MMO on Korean servers with less latency even before connecting to VPN. LOL

PC EU. Please fix, thanks.

i got mine working. i did a fresh clean install of my driver an nvidea one 551.76, after i had removed my whole addon folder and saved variables folder and put them on my desktop so no addons at all in game. i logged in on NA server first and was ok there and went back on to normal server the EU one and was ok. i have since been adding some addons back into game and so far all is ok. so not sure if addons and saved variables folders taken out of my docs folder and a restart off pc. or is its the graphics driver but it worked for me so hope it helps you now
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for keeping us updated regarding your latency and freezing issues. As the OP issue has now been resolved, we will be closing this discussion from further comments.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.