The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gifting not allowed but no reason why

Durnik
Durnik
✭✭✭
A ticket to support and then asking them to look into it again has resulted in 2 denials. I created a 2nd ticket because I figured it must have been a mistake.
Question Reference # 240305-006213 and 240219-010245

I'm told "Your account must show consistent game play activity and/or be active in an in-game ESO community prior to submitting your application to be considered for eligibility to participate in the ESO gifting program."

I've been playing AND PAYING since beta. I PVP at least 2 times a week, do writs, am in 5 guilds and am quite active. I've even been to 2 (or 3?) of the meetups in Texas. Anyone had this happen and figure how to get gifting? I have all the gold I need and I don't care about housing, pets, or much of the other cosmetic items so the crown store gives me nothing. What it COULD give me is the ability to give a DLC to a guildie who needs to get some gear from a DLC dungeon. I don't get why I am being told no.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 8 March 2024 21:04
  • tincanman
    tincanman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably best to stick with a single ticket and list your 'consistent game activities' to every auto-repsonse, judging by those comments made by others that have faced the same issue(the original stickied thread announcing this 'process'). Also opening subsequent tickets tends to dump your queue position and it seems default cs response to any ticket is auto-generated anyway.

From what I recall from that thread persistence with a single ticket seem to work best for players.

crown-store-gifting-update-october-2023
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin - could you help here please?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re-opening tickets can cause delays in response times. It's generally a bad idea.

The first reply is typically automated, just respond once to it and wait. It can take a couple of days.

Hopefully they work things out for you!
    Options
  • ezmaye
    ezmaye
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue! I responded to them stating I had been playing for 3 years consistently and they denied my request again. Then they closed the ticket.

Any help would be appreciated @ZOS_Kevin

My ticket number is 240228-002704.

I have eso plus for a while now and buy crowns every other month. Surely this qualifies me for gifting.
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have played on and off since the beginning. Probably got over 50k crowns chilling there just from subbing. Haven't been able to gift for as long as I can remember. Got denied a couple of times. Gave up. Poor management.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭
    I know a few people had to outright buy a crown pack. Not just have the crowns from eso plus. A friend of mine bought the cheapest pack and was then able to gift immediately after
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Durnik we'll take a look at the ticket and follow up. Thanks.

We moved this the crown store since is closer tied with crown gifting.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • vendeatha
    vendeatha
    ✭✭✭
    Do the Dev's Support Respond to tickets made about Can i use gift!?
    Been waiting 2 days nearly 3, Still No Response,,, :-/
    Options
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    My husband was also denied. He just got the email. He did respond that he wished to appeal to the decision. The reason for him was that he hasn't been active in the community. Does that mean this forum? He's not on the forum, but he does log in everyday for rewards, he doesn't play as much as I do now, but he used to. ESO plus member as well as a contributor to 5 different guilds. We just did Orsinium all day yesterday. He just wanted to gift me some furnishing items since he has alot of crowns. The reasoning didn't seem to be a good one imo.
    Xbox X- NA
    Options
  • vendeatha
    vendeatha
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is ridiculous ! Every one who has a Active Eso Plus account Should be given permission to use the Gift option.
    People paying a monthly fee, And with that should be given access to use the Gift option.
    We should not have to even make an application and Ask ?
    Yes i understand some people abuse things. But this game does have a good security. It is pretty easy to monitor someone who gifts.
    All i want is to gift my good friend a Dlc on his free account so he and me can play it together. And so we who want to Gift have to go through a rigorous Process.
    I find this very unfare. And seeing some of the responses here people are being denied for reasons which make no sense.
    So i guess i am not going to have much faith in being accepted.
    :neutral:
    Options
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    vendeatha wrote: »
    I think it is ridiculous ! Every one who has a Active Eso Plus account Should be given permission to use the Gift option.
    People paying a monthly fee, And with that should be given access to use the Gift option.
    We should not have to even make an application and Ask ?
    Yes i understand some people abuse things. But this game does have a good security. It is pretty easy to monitor someone who gifts.
    All i want is to gift my good friend a Dlc on his free account so he and me can play it together. And so we who want to Gift have to go through a rigorous Process.
    I find this very unfare. And seeing some of the responses here people are being denied for reasons which make no sense.
    So i guess i am not going to have much faith in being accepted.
    :neutral:

Agreed
    Xbox X- NA
    Options
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buying a crown crate usually resolves
    Options
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭

So for my husband, he would have to buy a crown crate and then dispute the gifting? Hmmm...interesting.
    Xbox X- NA
    Options
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »

So for my husband, he would have to buy a crown crate and then dispute the gifting? Hmmm...interesting.

Yeah I wasn't joking. It's part of criteria to say you can gift. I covered mine saying I bought ESO plus 3 months agwith a screenshot of it.
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on 18 March 2024 09:36
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tincanman wrote: »
    Probably best to stick with a single ticket and list your 'consistent game activities' to every auto-repsonse, judging by those comments made by others that have faced the same issue(the original stickied thread announcing this 'process'). Also opening subsequent tickets tends to dump your queue position and it seems default cs response to any ticket is auto-generated anyway.

From what I recall from that thread persistence with a single ticket seem to work best for players.

One ticket is best. It is important to consider that each "appeal" needs to have new reasons, not repeats of reasons that were already presented.

If it gets to the point where the answer from them starts to sound like "we already answered you", then it is game over. At least, for that ticket.
    vendeatha wrote: »

To be fair, while I think they are a little off target on their criteria, this whole process is part of the "security" that you talk about. I just think they are excluding people who would not abuse gifting as part of the criteria evaluation. As to why? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just giving it to anyone who has ESO Plus is just assigning a $15 gifting fee, which is really no security at all.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I wasn't joking. It's part of criteria to say you can gift. I covered mine saying I bought ESO plus 3 months agwith a screenshot of it.

No I didn't think you were. I was saying interesting to decide what we should do next. He already sent back an email to appeal, but like @Elsonso said, he may not have justly appealed for his case. I didn't know if that would be just a case closed thing. I was curious what others had did.
    Xbox X- NA
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I didn't think you were. I was saying interesting to decide what we should do next. He already sent back an email to appeal, but like Elsonso said, he may not have justly appealed for his case. I didn't know if that would be just a case closed thing. I was curious what others had did.

In my case, my primary account had been approved, but I had a lot of Crowns on a second account that I wanted to be able to use freely for either account. My first attempt to suggest that I was the same person and already had access under my main account flew like a pallet of concrete blocks. I regrouped and treated it like an application where I had to prove myself (me, not my account) to be part of the community, and I pulled out all the stops. They let me into the gifting club. :smiley: I don't know how effective others might be at the same approach.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Eternalscourge1
    Eternalscourge1
    ✭✭✭
    Ticket number 240326-002293
    I'm on Xbox and went to gift my fiancee the new content and was denied. I've spent thousands on this game and have played since 2014. Have been active for years. My fisncee is currently out of state, and I was really looking for ward to doing this with her. She doesn't have the money. Can't someone please advise? Thank you. I did buy 3000 crowns and bought myself the new content. I have eso plus.
    Edited by Eternalscourge1 on 26 March 2024 20:24
    Options
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    No I didn't think you were. I was saying interesting to decide what we should do next. He already sent back an email to appeal, but like Elsonso said, he may not have justly appealed for his case. I didn't know if that would be just a case closed thing. I was curious what others had did.

In my case, my primary account had been approved, but I had a lot of Crowns on a second account that I wanted to be able to use freely for either account. My first attempt to suggest that I was the same person and already had access under my main account flew like a pallet of concrete blocks. I regrouped and treated it like an application where I had to prove myself (me, not my account) to be part of the community, and I pulled out all the stops. They let me into the gifting club. :smiley: I don't know how effective others might be at the same approach.

Good deal! I guess my husband will have to reapply? I mean. He used to play alot when he was working from home during covid, but now he's back, so he doesn't have much time. But he's played for many years prior. I had him recently purchase a crown crate and now he's decorating his house. But he mainly logs on to collect to do a random. sigh....
    Xbox X- NA
    Options
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am also dealing with denials for my extra accounts.
    I had just posted in the General forum, that post should be moved here - didn't see this forum (but then I was seeing an odd shade of red at the time of posting).

There is no reason to not let people use their crowns as they see fit, unless they have definite proof that something wrong is going on.
    Options
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Why should you have to prove you are the same person? They can see that in the account details. The name, the address, whatever would be the same. All of mine are in the same name, same address, same everything except a different email (because they force us to do that too).
    It shouldn't be a 'privilege' to spend something you paid your own good money for.
    Edited by Alastrine on 27 March 2024 19:38
    Options
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know a few people had to outright buy a crown pack. Not just have the crowns from eso plus. A friend of mine bought the cheapest pack and was then able to gift immediately after

This doesn't matter.
    All of my extra accounts that can't gift have each purchased at least two Crown PACKS from the store. They have the two 'specials' that you can only buy once, that have a mount in one and a pet in the other. Bought both on all my accounts, and they have also bought a few regular crown packs to get DLCs when they are on sale.
    Granted, they bought those long before that Oct 2023 date because I've had the accounts for a lot longer than that.
    Because you can't buy 'exactly' the number of crowns you need they are left with smaller amounts, along with what they get from subbing once or twice a year.

I'd like to use those crowns to gift at least maybe some event tickets to my main account or a music box to my main, whatever. But I can't. They are stuck on farming accounts that are used every single day yet apparently 'aren't active enough'.

Since one of the main reasons for all this - as stated by ZoS - is because of 'bad actors' who have accumulated massive amounts of crowns through questionable means, I really find it hard to understand how they can correlate any of that with any of these accounts... who have never had more than a few thousand crowns at any one time, which were used usually pretty quickly in the crown store.

I am not going to go and waste more money on crown packs now to test this theory, and then have me unable to use those crowns for what I want.

While I understand the goal and applaud the attempt, this whole thing seems to be annoying more GOOD players than it should. I don't even mind having to do a ticket request for my accounts. But the denial doesn't make sense and is very frustrating... and insulting.... after so many years, so many hours, and so much money spent, I now feel only like I am being surreptitiously accused of something, and it doesn't sit well.
    Options
  • Saul_Tigh
    Saul_Tigh
    Soul Shriven
    I have been denied twice now, even though i am really active in-game and part of an ESO community and my account is way past the 180 days required.

I'm sick of this copy-paste customer support and feel like a second class citizen of Tamriel :s

Please help me out, my ticket number is 240330-001316.
    Options