The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

just hit level 50, when should i start looking for end game gear?

Nocturne Saint
Nocturne Saint
✭✭✭
I just hit level 50, i was wondering when i should start looking for end game gear? I'm using this website for my arcanist build

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-arcanist-build-pve/

On the website it says most of the gear is CP 160? does that mean i level up to 160 champion points?

as i get past 160 champion points, will i have to get the gear all over again for it to be viable at higher cp levels?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, CP 160

After that you are good, as far as levels. End game gear here depends on sets, not levels. While you can get CP 160 sets, you may use different sets over time, or for different roles and content.
    Edited by Elsonso on 3 March 2024 02:54
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ph1p
    Ph1p
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding to the above: Ideally you only create endgame gear at CP160 and above, as that is the highest gear level in the game. However you can already look for sets earlier and add them to your set collection (a.k.a. stickerbook) for later reconstruction.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree with @Ph1p you can get the gear any time and reconstruct it. But its not useful until after you reach CP 160.

As for getting endgame gear versus being effective at endgame, that is a different story. If by endgame you mean veteran trials and veteran DLC dungeons, you might need to level up your CP a bit more, both for survivability and damage output. You will also want to work out a solid DPS rotation for damage and sustain. The gear alone is not going to bridge that gap
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should also figure out what your goals and play style will be. You shouldn't depend on what others tell you or you may end up not liking your character.
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grind to CP160. Would be very hard to find a group willing to let you tag along on the dungeons/trials you need to farm for "end game" gear before you are at least 160.
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    I just hit level 50, i was wondering when i should start looking for end game gear? I'm using this website for my arcanist build

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-arcanist-build-pve/

On the website it says most of the gear is CP 160? does that mean i level up to 160 champion points?

as i get past 160 champion points, will i have to get the gear all over again for it to be viable at higher cp levels?

Ya, CP 160 is when all your gear will max out. Like others mentioned you will also be able to reconstruct the gear for cp 160 when you get there by using transmutation crystals.

On another note, I would recommend not using that build. The build you linked is just a copy-paste from all of Alcast's other builds and while it will work 'ok' it is not the best option, and will be much harder to use than some of the other builds. As an example of what i mean by its a copy paste, here's his magsorc build, you'll see that the sets are the exact same even though arcanist is the one class that uses different sets, and even all the comments above the build itself are an exact copy paste with like 2 words changed.

Instead, I would recommend looking at Skinnycheek's builds as they are a lot more accurate and will be easier to play due to the beam. Arcanist's beam is 100% their strongest skill and it also does 100% cleave damage to all enemies you look at, so it's pretty much always worth running. In terms of sets, an easy build would be Deadly Strike (from PvP or guild traders) on medium armour/jewelry, and Orders Wrath (craftable) on daggers + more medium armour, with the Velothi amulet, a light slimecraw helmet, and maelstrom inferno stick back bar.
    Edited by M0R_Gaming on 8 March 2024 18:17
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons