The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

[SUGGESTION] Cyrodiil campaign time slot idea

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
I think there is some flaw in the current campaign settup and how some people use it in a way that appears contradictory to the very idea of PvP when a fraction is nightcapping a campaign. That is some groups of one alliance swamp a certain campaign during times when most people are sleeping and just turn every keep, every ressource and steal all scrolls. I think this is fully contradictory to the initial idea of the campaign game mode.
So I suggest to divide each campaign in several time slots. I try to sketch what according to my idea this would be like:
- no reduction of campaign numbers and types. It stays as it is.
- quite the contrary there would be a multiplication of campaigns.
- Each campaign, e.g. Grey Host is subdivided in 3 or 4 time slots. There would be a time slot during the night, the morning, the evening for instance
- The status at the end of each time slot is saved and taken up when the time slot of the same time goes live again next day whereas the "offline" time slots cannot be accessed.

This way nightcapping people can play the campaign slot without impacting the status of other time slots. This would eliminate nightcapping as a strategy to gain an advantage over others just by logging in at times where most people sleep (since next day is a working day). It would allow playing the campaign as it was initially intented. Since everyone will know when a slot ends they have time to prepare for the end of their slot and if they wish to play longer can simply hop into the next time slot. Maybe even by automatic transfe and a teleport to cyrodiil headquarters.

Conditions to become emperor would stay the same (fetching all central keeps and being leader of leader board of the respective campaign time slot). Since everybody has to fullfill the same condition it will work exactly the same as before just the numbers of AP for the leaderboard will go down.
Edited by AnduinTryggva on 1 March 2024 14:02
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO can be played from anywhere in the world. It's always night time somewhere on roughly half the planet. So "nightcapping" isn't really a thing. There are just time slots when certain regions tend to log in higher numbers.

The problem is less about imbalance during certain time slots anyway. The problem is that the population cap is so low that only 3 12 man groups can ever form up at any given time with another 20 or so solo players at the same time. So giving the impression of wild population swings when the population even when capped is very low.
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might all be as you say.

Still I think it would benefit the campaign mode intention to implement something like that.

Lets consider that it is as you say that some people from the other side of the globe play the same campaign but during their local prime time instead of going to the other server for instance. For them it might just be "us" nightcapping then.

So why have this "nightcapping" effect anyhow?
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The global argument has some validity but it is not feasible that one faction would have 3 bars all night long for specific long periods of time.

The only counter I can think of is doing the same as low pop bonus but in reverse to the pvdoor overnight faction. Outside of normal daytime hours, the server has a reduction in the AP bonus for taking keeps and scrolls. Then when those who slept come back on they can regain the keeps and scrolls at the usual amount. Those who continue to operate like this in the pvdoor campaign would see a gain in AP for the overnight period due to having those keeps and scrolls, but over time would lose some AP for gaining at a lower amount in the off hours when there is little or no opposition.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭
    The global argument has some validity but it is not feasible that one faction would have 3 bars all night long for specific long periods of time.

The only counter I can think of is doing the same as low pop bonus but in reverse to the pvdoor overnight faction. Outside of normal daytime hours, the server has a reduction in the AP bonus for taking keeps and scrolls. Then when those who slept come back on they can regain the keeps and scrolls at the usual amount. Those who continue to operate like this in the pvdoor campaign would see a gain in AP for the overnight period due to having those keeps and scrolls, but over time would lose some AP for gaining at a lower amount in the off hours when there is little or no opposition.

Why not? Literally, why not?

I used to play one faction 5am my time with the Australians on my days off, and another faction 9pm with the East coast USA folks.

Add in the west coaster, Koreans, and the Welsh and PC/NA had action pretty much all hours of the day and night
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me campaign score is completely meaningless so this seems like a huge waste of time to implement

not to mention, as others brought up, ESO is a global game and there is effectively no "nightcapping" since night for some is primetime for others
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why not? Literally, why not?

I used to play one faction 5am my time with the Australians on my days off, and another faction 9pm with the East coast USA folks.

Add in the west coaster, Koreans, and the Welsh and PC/NA had action pretty much all hours of the day and night

If I saw this consistently on my server, I would agree. When the campaign score is really tight, I often see more of this behavior. We are probably on different platforms and different servers, so your experience might be different. I am on PS NA.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    for me campaign score is completely meaningless so this seems like a huge waste of time to implement

not to mention, as others brought up, ESO is a global game and there is effectively no "nightcapping" since night for some is primetime for others

Why is score meaningless to you? Rewards at the end of campaign are based on campaign score. Do you only do PvP to get transmute geodes for PvE?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is score meaningless to you? Rewards at the end of campaign are based on campaign score. Do you only do PvP to get transmute geodes for PvE?

20k gold and 5 purple rings, isn't it?

Yay.

I love Cyrodiil. I spend every Friday night there. During Whitestrakes, I live there. But I certainly don't do it for the campaign rewards.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OsUfi wrote: »

20k gold and 5 purple rings, isn't it?

Yay.

I love Cyrodiil. I spend every Friday night there. During Whitestrakes, I live there. But I certainly don't do it for the campaign rewards.

Can’t say for sure, but I think you only get the coffer with rings if your faction comes in first place. Otherwise you just get the transmute geodes and some repair kits.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options