Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

When a Vampire is feeding can anyone else see them?

mikeb16_ESO41
mikeb16_ESO41
✭✭✭
When a Vampire is feeding can anyone else see them?
High Elf, VampArconist
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in what situation?

using vampire feed on an NPC?
    biting another player at a shrine?

i believe other players can see the animation play out in both cases

NPCs can also see players doing a vampire feed as well (which will cause a bounty in this case)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Necrotech_Master

using vampire feed on an NPC? I'm aware that other NPC's can see what is happening. But I'm not sure that other players can also see it. Mainly because I've never seen it happen. And unlike a player stabbing an NPC, a vampire could be some distance away. This question also stands in the case of an assassin throwing 'The Blade of Woe'. I've done both but never have I seen anyone else do it?

High Elf, VampArconist
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in that case im pretty sure its possible to see another player do that, since you can see other players use the blade of woe

at the same time though, its easy to break the animation of that at the same time (the person doing the blade of woe or feed can interact with the dead npc early to kind of animation cancel the rest of it)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • mikeb16_ESO41
    mikeb16_ESO41
    ✭✭✭
    Necrotech_Master

No, you misunderstand me, I'm not saying I can see them. what I said was...

This question also stands in the case of an assassin throwing 'The Blade of Woe'.

Meaning the original question...

'can anyone else see them?'

As I have never seen anyone either throwing the Blade of Woe or feeding.

As for...(its easy to break the animation etc) I'm afraid that you have lost me here.
    High Elf, VampArconist
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, you can definitely see other players use blade of woe or vampire feed on an NPC

the animation is short though so very easy to miss, and for me personally i usually only hit the NPCs that are extremely isolated, as in theres not even other players nearby

as for the animation canceling, if you blade of woe or vampire feed an enemy and they have a lootable corpse, if you loot the body while still in the animation it will cancel the rest of the animation (allowing you to move sooner after using the blade of woe or vamp feed instead of being locked into the animation)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options