Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dueling & Friendly Combat

dean473
dean473
My friend and I are very competitive and love to duel in MMO's every few levels to see whose build and skill is best.

Did ESO decide to just not make dueling, or are we just not seeing how to do it?
  • moonfell
    moonfell
    ✭✭✭
    As of now it is not part of the game.
    The Psijic Order - Mara's Moxie - Undestined - The Sidekick Order
  • dean473
    dean473
    That's Really Disappointing..
  • Severan
    Severan
    ✭✭✭
    If it is something that people want I am sure they will implement it at some point in the future. I hope they do cause it's some good fun to duel friends.
    Xbox One - BeScurred
  • Swordmage
    Swordmage
    ✭✭✭
    An arena (and maybe dueling) are on the list of things that the devs have talked about adding in the future. It sounds like they want to have people experience Cyrodiil before starting on more PvP content.
  • dean473
    dean473
    That'd be neat.
  • RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    They should add the ability to go to the Imperial City later in the game and people can use the Arena for 1v1 battles despite their faction/pact. :) Unless the Imperial City is completely sacked and a mostly destroyed from the attacks. I did not do any real research on the status of the Imperial City during this event.
  • klockren
    klockren
    I'd really like to have a duel system in-game as well and for so many reasons whenever it be for testing out new theories for your build, settling grudges, having fun with your mates or just killing time. I feel that the positives of dueling far surpassing whatever negatives it may have and lets just face it: dueling rocks!

If players are worried about being harassed by dueling spam just add a toggle for duel block or even an alternative when you deny the duel request to block any more requests from that player.
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    dean473 wrote: »
    That's Really Disappointing..

Indeed!