Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

So what do you non-beta players think so far?

Arestelle90
I didn't get to play the beta, but I've been playing since Sunday. I'm really enjoying the game so far. My computer seems to run the game fine on the higher settings *phew* and I haven't had any crashing/stuck/flying into space issues. I will say it was frustrating that some of the quests wouldn't allow you to progress but the games in early stages so I can get past that. I've been lurking on here and agree crafting mats and bag/bank space can be an issue. I personally pick up everything I see but that's my doing so I have to figure out a way to handle it (I just craft craft craft). I also enjoy the way the world looks, realistic. I did have one issue though; one of my three chars couldn't mount their horse all of the sudden, but my other two could. I emailed ESO so we'll see if that gets resolved. Well, still waiting on the server to come back up... thanks Jessica for the updates. So, how about your thoughts? C: P.S. I do think leveling takes a little long, but I'm enjoying the story and gameplay anyway!
  • dorianchaotic
    I think it will be fun for another week or two; but t.b.h, feels cookie-cutter to me.
  • Arestelle90
    I think it will be fun for another week or two; but t.b.h, feels cookie-cutter to me.

You mean like every other MMO game?

• bigdredwun
    I think the sign in screen looks great..... I really haven't gotten any farther than that yet
  • Arestelle90
    Ohhh. Well bummer! I've played WoW, EQ and *cough* Runescape... lol. Though there are obvious similarities with other MMO's, I think ESO is definitely an enjoyable game that stands out and will stick around.
  • bigdredwun
    honestly its all in the content for me it seems to me from what i've read that the game is geared toward single player motivations which is fine for me because i can never get guildmates to help me anyway in previous games and I'd rather be able to do things on my own. I've been involved in SWG WoW Rift SWToR Terra and for a brief and terrible three days EVE all of these games are based on the need to get people to help you and well I've been told that I'm anti-social and generally unpleasant (mostly because people don't understand my brand of humor I suppose) so having something that i can do on my own will be nice for once. If that is indeed the case.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not being able to gain exp from kills in dungeons is a mind boggling decision that I am not happy with. Dungeons are fun. =(

This game seems extremely single player focused. Not good for an mmo, as previous attempts have shown.
  • Arestelle90
    Yeah I think so. I've been riding solo since Sunday and have made it just fine. I'm sure that will change with a few higher level enemies and fights, but cross that bridge when we get there kinda thing.
  • Arestelle90
    Hm, I haven't gone through a dungeon yet. No exp at all? So all you get is loot?
  • Tarqueth
    Tarqueth
    I'm having a great time with it. I don't feel like character progressing is cookie cutter at all. You have the ability to play any class, using any weapon and become proficient with it. Any other MMO has been restrictive when it comes to what armor/weapon(s) you can use based on your class/race. So I guess I don't get what was meant by this being cookie cutter.

As far as the solo game play, yeah the quests (in the starting area at least.. I'm only up to lvl 11) seem like they are built for solo. When questing in a group you should only need one player to interact with the NPC's and such, but this game hasn't been that way so far. But if the PvP/RvR is what I think it will be (similar to DAoC) then it will be all about grouping.

So far though, I've been having a blast, taking my time and enjoying the quests, crafting and relaxing.
  • leylfiye
    leylfiye
    I"m surprised at how well the game has been running so far. This is my first MMO launch experience but I've had almost no problems. I've been enjoying the game too but I can't say that is better the SWTOR, which is my only other MMO experience. I think it is more interesting atm but that is only because it is new...
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hm, I haven't gone through a dungeon yet. No exp at all? So all you get is loot?

Correct.

The monsters themselves actually do give 3 exp per kill, so while it's not literally zero, it may as well be. The simplest fetch quest will give you more exp than an entire dungeon run.

Crazy right? I saw nothing in the patch notes either about this being addressed. It is truly mind boggling.
    Edited by Gohlar on 2 April 2014 17:11
  • Arestelle90
    I agree @leylfiye. For a launch I think the game was running pretty darn good. I had almost no lag... and my internet isn't the greatest. We'll see on 4/4 though.
  • Arestelle90
    Wow @Gohlar that is crazy, and lame too. I was looking forward to the dungeons for loot and exp.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow @Gohlar that is crazy, and lame too. I was looking forward to the dungeons for loot and exp.

Yeah it sucks bigtime. I'm a healer and I have to leave heals on my hotbar when I solo. The skills obviously won't level up in a group with no exp coming in.

It's insane!

• jch.raelieb14_ESO
    There are a ton of chests in the dungeon that I did at least in beta. That was pretty great for loot, but at the time the boss was bugged.
  • TheRedMage
    TheRedMage
    ✭✭✭
    Gohlar wrote: »
    Not being able to gain exp from kills in dungeons is a mind boggling decision that I am not happy with. Dungeons are fun. =(

This game seems extremely single player focused. Not good for an mmo, as previous attempts have shown.
    Healing i take it? they made changes for it in this patch.

Now they need to fix it in pvp, as not getting any xp for healing in pvp when its a valid role ("Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise" Colette Marence) is flat out demoralizing. "Sorry i couldn't tag a player, was too busy keeping the zerg alive!"
    Please try not to think I'm hostile, I'm not trying to be. I just have a hard time wording things with tact >_<.
  • Zaann
    Zaann
    ✭✭
    Crafting is very well done and I love the freedom provided with skills.

Not without it's hiccups though, the launch IMO has gone fairly well I'd say. Best in-game support I've ever seen to date complete with personalized e-mail replies and everything ... very impressive, and from day one I feel like there are actual human beings taking care of us, cool indeed.

Biggest beef was not being able to complete some of the bugged starter quests, but most seem to be addressed in the first patch ... not bad at all considering the scope of features that DO work.

Very confident about ESO, excellent start, huge growth potential, and many good things to come I'm sure.
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't feel like other mmos to me. I'm really enjoying it, also played in 4 previous betas. Gonna be here for quite some time.
  • joanjett
    joanjett
    ✭✭✭
    Well if your in a guild and get to level 10 hook up with guild mates
    and head to the pvp area .....wow! There are so many Dungeons
    and skill shards man what a blast.....i gain 3 levels in about 2 and a half hours.
    And man the place is just huge!!!!!!!!! The best part is all the crafting stuff
    you fine there! Love it!
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    It feels like what EQ2 should have been. It's like EQ1, but an improvement in every way.

I personally like it. It is not a true Sandbox, but it's close enough IMO. There is a lot of freedom to make your character the way you want it, the graphics are absolutely amazing, and there is tons to explore and do. I like how they implemented PvP, and I like the emphasis on crafting over looting gear.
    Edited by SadisticSavior on 2 April 2014 17:41
  • Arestelle90
    Yeah looks like I'll have to get into PvP. I'm looking to join a guild soon too. Yes! I like emphasis on crafting. Plus, it seems worth it to put the time into it. I haven't felt that way with other games really.