Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

GLAD I HAVE EARLY ACCESS -_-

zhuff99_ESO
Dang it.. lol i spent all night downloading it and spend 60 bucks on it and now everyone in the united states doesnt even get early access while the rest of the world plays. I just dont think it is fair. We waited and payed just like everyone else.
  • theonez
    theonez
    I have been waiting for a few hours too. Hope we will get some other perks
  • lddiamond
    lddiamond
    Soul Shriven
    That poor dead horse is hamburger by now.
  • blahgameblahb14_ESO
    lddiamond wrote: »
    That poor dead horse is hamburger by now.
    The game killed my horse? I had 3 extra slots on it! o:)

• myblackbox123
    myblackbox123
    ✭✭
    What an original discussion!

Why didn't anyone bring this up?! Do the devs know about this!?
  • Lucifer66
    Lucifer66
    ✭✭
    Just how big is this game client? I have been downloading it for 14 hours and I'm only at 14%. This is taking forever.
    My concern can be measured in micro-give-a-craps.
  • deronbarlowb16_ESO
    I am confused, the game doesn't launch til Friday...it's Weds. Anyways I am lost as to why you are complaining about an MMO going down for maintenance/bug fixes/patch.
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    Dead-Horse.jpg
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
    Did you guys hear?! the server is down!
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people think just because we get the 5 day early access that the servers cant go down or that they need something for it. Be glad we get in the game early at all and the only time i see the company needing to give the players anything is if this happends after the OFFICIAL launch date.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Standard practice for an MMO launch, especially early launch.

Its been remarkably smooth really.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • omen13
    omen13
    ✭✭
    People need a way to vent and this is a best way sometimes. I know exactly how this person feels. I bought early access to play early and all I can do is look at forums. I am glad they fixing the zoom in feature but I already had to make a ugly character I couldnt see so I could zoom in to the next. But I cant delete the first one cuz I need to make sure I can get his stuff to a bank. Who knows how long that will take.

Regardless I am just add to the vent. I feel like 3 day early access folk got screwed. I paid for the this with a falsehood that I was getting something useful not helping continue to beta the freaking game for the company for free. Now I am paying them to do this to me.
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    i love how i keep reading the "fair" term being thrown around, when did the mmo community turn into such a group of whiny brats that everything has to be fair for them to be happy. This reminds me of a bunch of 8 year olds crying this or that isnt fair, real life isnt fair and *** happens its time these kids grew up i think.

First this is a mmo before launch and *** does happen, be thankful that it has been as great as it has, this has really been one of the best pre launches in a long time.

Second this is what Early access is, its an opportunity for us as a player base to get at the game before launch and it is also a time for the company to make sure things are going well on their side. This is the time for fast fixes and patches and server down time before the gates are opened up.

I dont know if this is the first launch for a lot of people but what i described is how it is and as i said this has been one of the better EA that i have seen in a long time.

• Narrator
    Narrator
    ✭✭✭
    You payed for Early Access? I didn't.. got it Free along with the explorers pack, just for ordering the game 2 days prior to my intended order date.. All it took was the motivation to drive to gamestop..

dead-horse.gif
    Edited by Narrator on 2 April 2014 16:28
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    theonez wrote: »

Why do you feel entitled so much that because the game is down you are owed something? No really, i am curious, it seems it is rampant on these boards, is it the koolaide you kids are drinking now? Please tell me what it is that makes you think you deserve something when what is happening is what happens during EA its what you sign on for when you pre order and get EA, sometimes you get to play and sometimes you get to login, this is nothing like FF xiv arr was so be happy.
  • bigdredwun
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Some people think just because we get the 5 day early access that the servers cant go down or that they need something for it. Be glad we get in the game early at all and the only time i see the company needing to give the players anything is if this happends after the OFFICIAL launch date.

Agreed Ive seen the reddit post, and honestly I'm glad they pulled everything down to work on it. I'm in the same position as the OP, I bought the game last night (after a nightmare of site access or rather the lack of due to my router) and got up this morning to play to find it down. Granted its Irksome, but given bethesda and zeni's track record I would expect nothing less than for them to shut down and get it working correctly. It's either that or run the risk of losing everything that you collect.
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    So everyone is saying they wouldnt of preordered without early access? Seems fishy to me.
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narrator wrote: »
    You payed for Early Access? I didn't.. got it Free along with the explorers pack, just for ordering the game 2 days prior to my intended order date.. All it took was the motivation to drive to gamestop..

dead-horse.gif
    Ok that gif is being added to my file lol. Love it man.
  • bigdredwun
    The early access was a perk for me for sure but i was going to buy the game anyway
  • zhuff99_ESO
    LOL sorry guys just trolling :open_mouth: Didnt think it would cause mass hysteria!! ha
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    Dang it.. lol i spent all night downloading it and spend 60 bucks on it and now everyone in the united states doesnt even get early access while the rest of the world plays. I just dont think it is fair. We waited and payed just like everyone else.

Imagine how the rest of the world playing on the NA server will feel TWICE a week for the next few months, unable to play because of schedule downtime, imagine if they did that to you "we are the centre of the world" Americans, there would be chaos, we would never hear the end of it
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dead-Horse.jpg
    lol

• Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL sorry guys just trolling :open_mouth: Didnt think it would cause mass hysteria!! ha
    Where's that disagree button?!:p

• Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just happy I got to see a bit of content before the server killing lag that is coming on Friday.
  • Severia
    Severia
    ✭✭
    Ashigaru wrote: »
    theonez wrote: »

Why do you feel entitled so much that because the game is down you are owed something? No really, i am curious, it seems it is rampant on these boards, is it the koolaide you kids are drinking now? Please tell me what it is that makes you think you deserve something when what is happening is what happens during EA its what you sign on for when you pre order and get EA, sometimes you get to play and sometimes you get to login, this is nothing like FF xiv arr was so be happy.

Because he paid for early access perhaps? Don't you expect to get what you pay for?
  • Eurosonly
    Eurosonly
    I've been playing for two days now just because you've finally decided to download the game and t he server is down doesn't mean it's meant to stab you in the back.....First come first server rule always applies.Should of got on the download bus earlier buddy.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say we have it better than the people on the EU server. Their maintenance is in the evening, just when most people are going to have time to play.
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    Lol touchy subject ha, you know with all those fan boys around o.0
  • Awesometographer
    Awesometographer
    ✭✭✭
    Severia wrote: »
    Ashigaru wrote: »
    Because he paid for early access perhaps? Don't you expect to get what you pay for?
    Nobody PAID for early access.

We bought the game early - NOTHING MORE. They said if you buy it early, you can start playing 3/5 days before official launch. You did not pay anything extra than those who aren't preordering... and you get a FREE PERK that allows you to play 3/5 days early when the servers are up.

People need to quit whining.
  • Elyf
    Elyf
    ✭✭
    Melian wrote: »
    I'd say we have it better than the people on the EU server. Their maintenance is in the evening, just when most people are going to have time to play.
    Where did you get that from? For CEST it's Tuesdays 14pm and Sundays at 10am....

Edited by Elyf on 2 April 2014 23:08
  • Zielepoot
    Zielepoot
    Melian wrote: »

Actually, most people need to work in the morning so 23:30 wasn't that bad.

Anyway, i expected alot of downtime, but its been fair to me so far!.
    Compensation is unnecesairy since you didn't pay for it, and the reward for you is when the servers go live again with alot less bugs.
    And i was able to download the full game a weeks or so before EA, which was a smart way to do it since most people would've downloaded it on the last minute which causes slower downloadspeed.
This discussion has been closed.