The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Lag getting worse each day recently, PC NA

LannStone
LannStone
✭✭✭✭
Seems since event ended, more lag each day = almost impossible to finish the dungeon daily endeavor today, sometimes a whole second to switch bars or fire a skill, often not firing at all
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on 7 February 2024 20:20
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's CP troubleshooting.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • aruthandys
    aruthandys
    ✭✭
    It's not just you. A number of people in one of my guilds, including myself, have mentioned the same thing. My latency is normally below 100 and recently it's been hitting frequent spikes of 999+ with periods of time where it's in the 500 range for 5-6 seconds.

The bad thing is that since there is no maintenance this week unless a large number of players, or ZOS employees that play and see it say something, there will be no server reboot to try and correct it.
    Options
  • aruthandys
    aruthandys
    ✭✭
    Use the information in this link to troubleshooting by ZOS. I just ran it and the problem I'm running into is with a hope in Charter's system and I use Spectrum. That's not to say something still isn't going on but it doesn't appear to be only with the game server.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/9094

*I had a friend who lives in New Hampshire, I'm in Ohio, run a tracert and they are seeing a lot of timeouts or high returns on the route to the ZOS server*
    Edited by aruthandys on 4 February 2024 20:31
    Options
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    @LannStone

If you have not already, we would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps in this article to help with these connection issues.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS keeps adding new content without adding server resources to support it. Instead they keep spreading the game thinner and thinner over the same rack space. The inevitable outcome is performance degradation. Simple as that.
    Options
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    @LannStone

If you have not already, we would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps in this article to help with these connection issues.

FYI, it was a significant drop in performance and increase in lag for several days. Thankfully, the lag is gone again now and performance is normal again.
    Options
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    Thank you very much for the update, we're glad to hear that the game is performing better for you again! That being the case, we will go ahead and close out this thread.
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.