The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Old player coming back to game and Addons are all out of date but Minion is up to date

deluxe101
deluxe101
Hi, i am an old player coming back to play the game after being gone for like 3yrs. All of my addons are obviously out of date. I ran minion and updated a few that said need update......but when i enter the game i still get notice that ALL of my addons are out of date. My first thought was the location minion is placing the updated addons is not the same place ESO is looking for addon updates.......

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 8 February 2024 18:07
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might be using some addons which aren't supported by their authors anymore, so there isn't a more up to date version.

That might not be a problem however, because the 'out of date' message is somewhat misleading. Each addon has a game version number in it's files and if that doesn't exactly match the game's current version number it's marked as out of date. If it does match it's marked as in date even if it has compatibility issues or isn't working.

It's rare that updates to the game change the API and a lot of addons will carry on working through many game updates without the addon needing to be updated. I've got one which hasn't been updated since 2019 and it still works exactly like it used to.

I ignore the 'out of date' messages and just go by whether or not the addons work. If I log in after a patch and I'm getting error messages or notice problems I'll disable the relevant addons until they're fixed (or I find a replacement), if not I just keep using them.

Edit: I just checked and I'm using 10 out of date addons (out of 20) and 11 out of date libraries and all of them still work.
    Edited by Danikat on 30 January 2024 17:31
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    an addon being shown as "out of date" just means that the API version it has listed is not the current game version

this could be due to a number of thing, such as mentioned, the addon is no longer being maintained

however, just because an addon is shown as out of date does not necessarily mean it wont work

i have some really small addons which havent been updated since almost 2016 that still work

if you load an addon, and it gives you a UI error and its out of date, then it likely is not being supported anymore and some more current change to the game broke it
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • deluxe101
    deluxe101
    first let me say thanks for responding. I also wanted to ask about one more addon issue.

UI ERROR: 968CA0BF
    user:/AddOns/DolgubonsLazyWritCreator/ReticleChanges.lua:55: attempt to index a nil value stack traceback
    user:/AddOns/DolgubonsLazyWritCreator/ReticleChanges.lua:55: in function '(main chunk)'

Any idea about this? Does this mean DolgubonsLazyWritCreator is not used?
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    checking the esoui website it looks like "Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter" is updated to the current game version, so it should not be marked as out of date

in your error message it says "dolgubons lazy writ creator" which i think is actually a different addon that may not be supported anymore
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    checking the esoui website it looks like "Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter" is updated to the current game version, so it should not be marked as out of date

in your error message it says "dolgubons lazy writ creator" which i think is actually a different addon that may not be supported anymore
    Or perhaps that used to be the name of the addon several years ago? It would be best to just uninstall that old one (including deleting saved variables), then download and install the new one.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

Or perhaps that used to be the name of the addon several years ago? It would be best to just uninstall that old one (including deleting saved variables), then download and install the new one.

possible too, ive never used dolgubons since i dont bother with daily writs lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • deluxe101
    deluxe101
    question: you mentioned uninstalling addon and deleting saved variables........how to know if you have saved variables
    Options
  • deluxe101
    deluxe101
    One more question/comment: You said you checked some web site and saw that Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter was up to date.......i have Dolgunbon's Lazy Writ Creator v3.0.96.3

I noted that mine says Creator and you mentioned Crafter.....also how do i chk if an addon is up to date?

thanks again for responding
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All my addons are updated in Minion but say Out of Date in-game, but they work fine. Do your addons work?
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    deluxe101 wrote: »
    question: you mentioned uninstalling addon and deleting saved variables........how to know if you have saved variables
    Just let Minion take care of that detail: tell Minion to uninstall the addon, and the uninstall dialog window will have an option to remove saved variables. The term "saved variables" just refers to the addon's configuration settings.
    Edited by vsrs_au on 31 January 2024 02:04
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • deluxe101
    deluxe101
    i dont know if all of them work....some of them do for sure. i will try and un-install and see how that goes. Unfortuantely, i tried uninstalling by simply removing a folder for said addon......i did not know minion would do it....hope i did not do something wrong there.........
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more question/comment: You said you checked some web site and saw that Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter was up to date.......i have Dolgunbon's Lazy Writ Creator v3.0.96.3

I noted that mine says Creator and you mentioned Crafter.....also how do i chk if an addon is up to date?

thanks again for responding

this is the link to the dolgubon lazy crafter on esoui, it should be the same name in minion, its current version is 9.2.5 (up to date with current game version)

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

all addons create a saved variable for themselves, this is usually to store things like the addons settings as well as any associated addon data

when you right click on an installed addon through minion, it gives options to only delete the saved variable (essentially resetting the addon back to default settings), or delete the full addon with a checkbox to also delete the saved variable (if you are entirely getting rid of it instead of just uninstall/reinstalling)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have two help articles linked below that go over how to uninstall or remove add-ons that you're currently using.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post