Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

altitis

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have it bad in eso. Three+ days into ea now and my main is only level 9. I've remade characters over and over again trying to pick what I want to play. Anyone else having the same issue?

I don't like repeating quests, so ive pretty much settled on one character per alliance. After much hassle I think ive finally settled on my choices:

Dominion: khajiit male templar, medium armor + 2h weapons, damage oriented
Covenant: breton male nightblade, heavy armor + sword & shield, tank
Pact: nord female dragonknight, light armor + fire staff & resto staff, healer/caster
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Ziz
    Ziz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make 4 characters, 1 for each class. then when oyu swtich at least you are only leveling 4 instead of remaking over and over
  • Celysa
    Celysa
    Do not feel alone. I have also finally settled on one in each. Doesn't even matter what they are now, since it may not even be what they will be later. lol

So many choices, so little time but I am having fun!
  • Celysa
    Celysa
    Btw, is there respec? If so, when is it available?
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Ziz wrote: »
    make 4 characters, 1 for each class. then when oyu swtich at least you are only leveling 4 instead of remaking over and over

I was going to make 2 of each class, one PvE and one PvP.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    @Lazarus_Long <--- awsome :) So few Heinlein fans today...
    The Sidekick Order
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a very bad disease that unfortunately there is no cure for. I have it too, so you're not alone.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    I wish we had different lighting options in the creation area. Heheh...yup those frown lines look harsh in the light of day.
  • moonfell
    moonfell
    ✭✭✭
    Celysa wrote: »
    Btw, is there respec? If so, when is it available?

There are shrines in the main city for each alliance that allow you to respec your attribute points and your skill points (seperately.) I believe it can be very expensive. The last number I heard was 100g per point, but don't quote me on that.
    The Psijic Order - Mara's Moxie - Undestined - The Sidekick Order
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But then id wind up with two characters in the same alliance :-P besides I have no interest in the sorceror class for some reason - which is odd because I was planning on making that my main before actually getting the game. After trying sorc I just dont like the class.
    PS4 / NA
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've made 3, all different classes and different factions so I can see it all, and get some variety in my play. For some reason could not get into the dragonknight at all in beta, so took a pass on that one.

Though those 3 are for me to play by myself, I'll have other alts that I play solely grouped with a friend.
    Edited by Seraseth on 2 April 2014 16:48
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea im not too big on the draconic power or earthen heart lines, but dk makes a great pyromancer type caster.
    PS4 / NA
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    8 character slots of course I'm going to have multiple characters.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Yea im not too big on the draconic power or earthen heart lines, but dk makes a great pyromancer type caster.

I tried one with a destruction staff in beta, absolutely hated the staff, the basic attacks with it felt slow and weak, worse than a bow. Plus I've never figured out how any class really uses a staff, with class skills taking magicka, and staff skills taking magicka, you're not using your stamina at all, and will quickly run out of magicka.

Edited by Seraseth on 2 April 2014 16:54
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

But then id wind up with two characters in the same alliance :-P besides I have no interest in the sorceror class for some reason - which is odd because I was planning on making that my main before actually getting the game. After trying sorc I just dont like the class.

Same here, except the class I couldn't get into was Templar. 3 characters has been working great so far... they're all in the level 8-9 range, so I don't know that calling my main as such is particularly accurate anymore...
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    I already mentioned my characters in another thread, but thus far I have 4 that I play over all 3 factions. One of each class. I spread my crafting professions around so I'd have a reason to continue on all of them, though the inventory management leaves much to be desired and I have even created a bank alt as a 5th character to play the middle man. I think I'm set for a while and will probably gravitate into a main one after a bit more time.
  • jaybcyclenub18_ESO
    jaybcyclenub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have to admit that I usually have Altitis pretty bad in other games. For some reason though, it has yet to strike in ESO. I have only reached lvl 9, but I am loving my High Elf Temp and have had no interest in playing another character. I even created 4 characters right off the bat to reserve my names and haven't logged on to any of them since creation.
  • TheRedMage
    TheRedMage
    ✭✭✭
    4 classes that can all do 3 roles, along with pvp, yet only 8 character slots X_X its so cruel. I'm the kind of person in wow that has all classes maxed with doubles in certain classes (Monk/druid/Pally doubles).
    Please try not to think I'm hostile, I'm not trying to be. I just have a hard time wording things with tact >_<.