The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

How to find a crafter in ESO?

Bobargus
Bobargus
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I've been trying to find a crafter who can craft some items for me for days, but i was not able to get any response from anyone.

I tried writing on the zone chat, i tried making a custom group on the group finder about it. But none of these options have worked for me so far.

So i ask: How can i find crafters quickly?
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 25 January 2024 16:13
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Which platform are you on?

Let us know and I'm sure you will get help fast! :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Looking for master crafter!" doesn't help, many will outright ignore that.

Just say exactly what you want crafted into zone chat with the trait and armor type.
    Options
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just say exactly what you want crafted into zone chat with the trait and armor type.

I don't agree I frequently respond to crafting request in zone chat, what is needed is not important, I can do everything :)
    Options
  • Bobargus
    Bobargus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Friends, i've managed to get help from a crafter just a couple of minutes ago. And he or she did it for free as well, i couldn't believe my eyes.

Thank you for the replies. :)
    Options
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice!
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asking within a player's guild is a great way to find a crafter. I have crafted for players in my guilds. Going to zone chat for this is probably the worst thing one can do as there are scammers.

Good luck.

Options
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scream into the void and the void sometimes screams back. That said, a good guild tends to be quicker. I almost never see crafting requests in zone chat, but I have responded to a few.
    Options
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best bet is to join a guild and ask in their chat for a crafter, once one agrees mail them the full details of your order and the materials(or at the very least the expensive mats gold can cover the regular mats)

If you have no choice but to use zone, make it clear what you want made that you have the materials for the job and how much of a tip your willing to provide, that at the bare minimum will get you a response.

That only applies to if you need stuff made to use, if your just after trait research, most crafters will do that for free or next to nothing for most of the traits excluding the expensive ones like Nirn and jewelry traits.

Best places to ask are usually the capital cities of alliances, Mournhold, Eldenroot, Wayrest, that or Alinor or Vivec city especially around the daily reset when people are doing daily writs.

Always send a mail that fully details your order so the crafter than use it as a reference:
    Gear level 1 - 50 or the CP level
    Each pieces, set, trait and armour weight, eg light/medium/heavy
    Weapon type and which enchantment's you want for each piece.
    How far you want the pieces upgraded, some people just get white gear made then do the upgrading themselves others want their stuff golded out for them.

As for style most just use the normal racial styles and then use the outfit system to hide the finished gear, I have found it very rare that someone ever asks for something in a specific style, no guarantee the crafter knows the specific motif you want used.

I can't speak for others but I largely stopped responding to requests (aside from trait research) from zone chat due to people asking for a crafter and then not knowing what they actually wanted made, not just talking sets but even basic stuff like armour weights, gear level, asking for build advice etc... dragging the whole thing out.

Had others say they would send me X amount of gold to cover the materials, in which cases I sent them a list of the required materials and had them go shopping themselves so they could realize, that the amount of gold they thought was a fortune to cover everything, including my tip as in keep the change, barely covered any of the materials required.

Those that went out and bought everything I made them there order, those that refused I knew were trying to scam me, once they realized that I wasn't an ignorant mark I never heard from them again.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    I can't speak for others but I largely stopped responding to requests (aside from trait research) from zone chat due to people asking for a crafter and then not knowing what they actually wanted made, not just talking sets but even basic stuff like armour weights, gear level, asking for build advice etc... dragging the whole thing out.

I'm the same. I don't mind if they don't have all the details up front, but too often someone just asking for a crafter turned into asking for "cool gear" or "awesome gear" and they expected me to guess (or maybe tell them?) what build they're using and what sets, traits, glyphs etc. are appropriate. I'm a casual player, that's why I have a master crafter, I don't know what the meta is and I don't want to spend my time researching someone else's build or be responsible for someone thinking they've got BiS gear that will carry them through anything like in some MMOs and getting demolished the first time they attempt a vet dungeon.

I've also had some weird ones, like someone who wanted set gear but then accused me of scamming them because I said I couldn't make it in Alinor, I ended up giving their gold back and left them to look for someone who could make set gear at non-set crafting stations.

I'm much more likely to respond to crafting requests in guild chat, especially in one of my guilds which has rules for crafting requests.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »

Had others say they would send me X amount of gold to cover the materials, in which cases I sent them a list of the required materials and had them go shopping themselves so they could realize, that the amount of gold they thought was a fortune to cover everything, including my tip as in keep the change, barely covered any of the materials required.

Those that went out and bought everything I made them there order, those that refused I knew were trying to scam me, once they realized that I wasn't an ignorant mark I never heard from them again.

Both of these are why I also dont respond to zone crafter requests other than trait research.
    Options
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use to respond to those requests in zone chat. Sadly, the majority of the time someone wanted CP 160 gear crafted and had no idea of what is needed. You know, materials.

Instead what they want is to pay XXX amount in gold for the gear pieces. Sorry, material farming is long and boring as it is. I'm not about to craft gear for XXX amount of gold AND replace my materials used. And I don't have the time to go to a crafting table and tell them what material and how many are needed for each piece. People need to do their own research on materials needed before they ask for a master crafter.

And don't get me started on how many "looking for master crafter" posts turn out to be people wanting purple and legendary quality gear for free.

On top of that I've had quite a few say they have the materials and then when the trade is up they won't put the materials in the trade window and never respond to whispers.

That is my guess as to why you don't see many Master Crafters respond.
    Edited by JanTanhide on 25 January 2024 13:43
    Options
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you, or anybody else, needs something crafting, feel free to message me (@dan958). As long as you provide the materials, there will be no charge for crafting.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
    Options
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings!

We moved this thread to a category we think is more suitable for this topic, Players helping Players.

Thank you for your understanding and helping each other out!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For future reference, it can help when asking in zone chat or even guild for gear, to say that you have the materials or offer to pay a specific amount (research first). I like to help people, but some people demand an awful lot in time and resources (of course they may not know the rarity/value, but it is also a headache to have a lot of stuff requested, then figure out the materials and then the replacement cost of those materials, and back and forth, etc.)
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    I use to respond to those requests in zone chat. Sadly, the majority of the time someone wanted CP 160 gear crafted and had no idea of what is needed. You know, materials.

Instead what they want is to pay XXX amount in gold for the gear pieces. Sorry, material farming is long and boring as it is. I'm not about to craft gear for XXX amount of gold AND replace my materials used. And I don't have the time to go to a crafting table and tell them what material and how many are needed for each piece. People need to do their own research on materials needed before they ask for a master crafter.

And don't get me started on how many "looking for master crafter" posts turn out to be people wanting purple and legendary quality gear for free.

On top of that I've had quite a few say they have the materials and then when the trade is up they won't put the materials in the trade window and never respond to whispers.

That is my guess as to why you don't see many Master Crafters respond.

Yes! Exactly this! You and others explain some of the dilemmas and headaches well.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on 25 January 2024 16:31
    Options
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I must be the odd one out here....

If I respond to a request, which I still do frequently, I take it as read that it will be highly likely the person asking has no idea what they want, the people that actually do know are a pleasant surprise!

There are a few crafted sets, even now, that will do perfectly well for someone just starting out and those are my goto suggestions.

I always craft for free, make the gear purple and provide purple or gold enchantments, my craftbag is overflowing, I have surveys coming out of my ears, I have no need to charge. The people who know exactly what they want usually have a fair idea of the costs and will send gold, even though I have said there is no need.

The people who have no clue..... well my friends list is full of them, many have been friends for a very long time.... the only thing I can say about them is.... without a doubt they are, bar non, all way, way better players than me now!!
    Options
  • ElderSmitter
    ElderSmitter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bobargus wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been trying to find a crafter who can craft some items for me for days, but i was not able to get any response from anyone.

I tried writing on the zone chat, i tried making a custom group on the group finder about it. But none of these options have worked for me so far.

So i ask: How can i find crafters quickly?

Zos should add to Group Finder and Miscellaneous tab so People can post things like this in game.
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »

I don't agree I frequently respond to crafting request in zone chat, what is needed is not important, I can do everything :)

Well I'm a master crafter but there are things I can't make. But I am willing to help if someone tells me what they want, and I have most materials so long as they don't want something gold/purple it's fine.
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dan958 wrote: »
    If you, or anybody else, needs something crafting, feel free to message me (@dan958). As long as you provide the materials, there will be no charge for crafting.

Since not everyone is on the same platform including that info is helpful.
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    I must be the odd one out here....

If I respond to a request, which I still do frequently, I take it as read that it will be highly likely the person asking has no idea what they want, the people that actually do know are a pleasant surprise!

There are a few crafted sets, even now, that will do perfectly well for someone just starting out and those are my goto suggestions.

I always craft for free, make the gear purple and provide purple or gold enchantments, my craftbag is overflowing, I have surveys coming out of my ears, I have no need to charge. The people who know exactly what they want usually have a fair idea of the costs and will send gold, even though I have said there is no need.

The people who have no clue..... well my friends list is full of them, many have been friends for a very long time.... the only thing I can say about them is.... without a doubt they are, bar non, all way, way better players than me now!!

And that's great if you have the knowledge, time and materials to do that.

I can't offer the same service, so if that's what someone is expecting I think it's better for both of us if I don't pretend I can give them what they want.

It's no different to not responding if I see someone asking for a tank to join their group to clear all the trials. I don't have a tank, I've never done a trial and I wouldn't have time to do all of them so me responding to their request helps no one and would waste both our time.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options