The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Add-on concept for Sword and shield skill line...

Sparxlost
Sparxlost
✭✭✭
this is a concept for those who might decide to play WITHOUT a shield..

Running a weapon in the main hand and nothing in the off hand will still count as sword and shield and allow the use of the classes skills

All of the basic skills have the added effect of increased damage when the off hand slot is empty

the ultimate has the added effect of disrupting every melee blocked attack to set attackers off balance

when not running a shield, you will not benefit from enhancments to blocking from the skill lines' passives..

Sword and shield is great for utility but having this option for better offense just makes the skills so much more playable for dps for the tradeoff of better defense..
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking a whole new skilline for that
    Power Bash: requires shield
    Ultimate: requires shield
    Shield Rush: requires shield

Defensive Stance: neutral, but they'd probably still say it requires shield

Puncture: Sword. I honestly don't see how you could do that with a mace. Axes are a maybe if the style has a thrusting tip, but in most cases that would also be a no.
    Low Slash: Melee Weapon

One Hand Skill-Line: For melee in main hand and empty off hand
    Off-hander Skill Line: For Melee in off hand and empty main hand
    Sub Skill Lines: Skill Lines that make new styles based off particular weapons equipped, granting special perks or new unique skills for that setup
    I could make a list. Mostly dual wield.
    Edited by KaironBlackbard on 23 January 2024 16:08