Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Sea serpent mythic

yadibroz
yadibroz
✭✭✭
Is it the best top damage mythic in the game?
I'm looking for a new mythic that do lot of damage where I can use it for 1 bar than oakensoul that I already have and I was checking on serpent buy I'm confused on how it work as is it already active as I have major berserk or no?
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's one of the better mythics, but it's not the best mythic.
    Oakensoul is best for one bar. The best all around PVE dps mythic is the kilt. The best mythic for some templars and all arcanists is velothi. Sea-serpent's is good for some builts; my stam warden uses this mythic and it's pretty consistently the best mythic for that. It's also pretty good for sorc dps when you use crit surge, or templars that use the mag version of jabs.
    Options
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the best mythics for solo pve, although may be not so great in groups where you can have access to these buffs without it
    Options
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    merpins wrote: »
    It's one of the better mythics, but it's not the best mythic.
    Oakensoul is best for one bar. The best all around PVE dps mythic is the kilt. The best mythic for some templars and all arcanists is velothi. Sea-serpent's is good for some builts; my stam warden uses this mythic and it's pretty consistently the best mythic for that. It's also pretty good for sorc dps when you use crit surge, or templars that use the mag version of jabs.

Which is the number one that do the best damage to only pve because I love one bar but I don't care about all the passives from oakensoul except the passive that increase damage and that is the reason why I'm asking this because I know there is a mythic that can do more damage that oakensoul but which one and I want one that fit for every class?
    Options
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    AlterBlika wrote: »
    One of the best mythics for solo pve, although may be not so great in groups where you can have access to these buffs without it

Which one is the number one for damage to kill monsters quick than oakensoul and can used for all classes.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »

Which one is the number one for damage to kill monsters quick than oakensoul and can used for all classes.

For solo, Sea Serpent's is going to be the most damage unless you're on an arcanist with Velothi and self providing Major Courage somehow. Kilt would be the most but you'll take too many instances of damage while solo for your stacks to build.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 21 January 2024 16:55
    Options
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

For solo, Sea Serpent's is going to be the most damage unless you're on an arcanist with Velothi and self providing Major Courage somehow. Kilt would be the most but you'll take too many instances of damage while solo for your stacks to build.

Solo pve for all classes especially necromancer and warden as ice build. Like oakensoul is nice but all I care about better damage, I don't care about protection and only good damage it has is minor berserk,force Prophecy like that all that useful for me so that is why I need one that offer more damage.
    Options
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭

Oakensoul is bad if you don't play heavies or good with rotations so you can use two bars.
    For sea serpent buffs to take effect you must be hit, and you get 40% snare. If you want to just kill mobs in overland faster you'd better use something like mora's whispers because it doesn't snare you, though you'd give up on monster sets.
    Options
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

Oakensoul is bad if you don't play heavies or good with rotations so you can use two bars.
    For sea serpent buffs to take effect you must be hit, and you get 40% snare. If you want to just kill mobs in overland faster you'd better use something like mora's whispers because it doesn't snare you, though you'd give up on monster sets.

Never had monster sets, just craft set and some other good set such as frostbite and defiler but never a full trial and monster sets but I'm planing to get it and I'm not into two bars but I don't mind using any other mythic as 1 bar and let me check Mora Whispers and thank you
    Options
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

Do you think ansuul torment,infallible mage and sulxan torment that are trial set will help me a lot for all classes, yes or no?
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Do you think ansuul torment,infallible mage and sulxan torment that are trial set will help me a lot for all classes, yes or no?

Ansuul's, yes. Infallible Mage, no. Sul Xan, only if you get a constant supply of adds to kill when fighting a boss. Whorl is probably the best trials set for non-Arcanists if you have a good LA rotation. If not, Ansuul's.

Infallible is not good. You should be getting Minor Vulnerability from another source, either a healer or tank. If you are an HA build, this used to be a go-to set, along with Undaunted Unweaver/Infiltrator. But not anymore.

Deadly Strike is a great set to pair with a trials set if you are going DOT or channeled heavy. If not, Pillar of Nirn, Aegis Caller, Berserking Warrior, Mother's Sorrow, and Leviathan are some good sets to go with a heavy direct damage build.

Mora's is better for group content, probably better than the Kilt these days, but only if you have enough books read. Sea Serpent is not bad, though

EDIT: The big thing to keep in mind when building for trials is that you will hit the crit cap with a decent organized raid group, which means sets like Mother's Sorrow and Leviathan become less useful. The crit buffs are so high, you will go over the cap, which is why a set like Nirn is better as it produces more damage.
    Edited by El_Borracho on 22 January 2024 22:09
    Options
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

Ansuul's, yes. Infallible Mage, no. Sul Xan, only if you get a constant supply of adds to kill when fighting a boss. Whorl is probably the best trials set for non-Arcanists if you have a good LA rotation. If not, Ansuul's.

Infallible is not good. You should be getting Minor Vulnerability from another source, either a healer or tank. If you are an HA build, this used to be a go-to set, along with Undaunted Unweaver/Infiltrator. But not anymore.

Deadly Strike is a great set to pair with a trials set if you are going DOT or channeled heavy. If not, Pillar of Nirn, Aegis Caller, Berserking Warrior, Mother's Sorrow, and Leviathan are some good sets to go with a heavy direct damage build.

Mora's is better for group content, probably better than the Kilt these days, but only if you have enough books read. Sea Serpent is not bad, though

EDIT: The big thing to keep in mind when building for trials is that you will hit the crit cap with a decent organized raid group, which means sets like Mother's Sorrow and Leviathan become less useful. The crit buffs are so high, you will go over the cap, which is why a set like Nirn is better as it produces more damage.

Thank you for the tip, it will help me on making sure what set to go, I really appreciate it.
    Options
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

Is it better than riptide? Some people say it is and I wanna make sure I choose the right one.
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Is it better than riptide? Some people say it is and I wanna make sure I choose the right one.

I think so. Coral relies on the resources minigame, similar to Bahsei's. It can be very frustrating to use or scary for those who don't like running with low resource pools. I know the allure is there to use it on a magicka build because stamina is not your primary resource, but a traditional magicka build with Ansuuls + Nirn is better. On an Oakensorc you will be better off with the traditional Sergeants/Overwhelming Surge setup, or Ansuul's + whatever.

The biggest problem with Coral on a magicka build is you either have to commit a stamina skill to drain your stamina to raise your damage, or roll dodge a lot. Vigor could accomplish that, substitute that for Twilight Matriarch and get a better burst heal. I've seen some say the roll dodging works, but that means you are also roll dodging during a boss fight instead of doing DPS. If you go with Coral, I would go the Vigor route. At least its a viable skill that will not interrupt your DPS too much.
    Options
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭

I think so. Coral relies on the resources minigame, similar to Bahsei's. It can be very frustrating to use or scary for those who don't like running with low resource pools. I know the allure is there to use it on a magicka build because stamina is not your primary resource, but a traditional magicka build with Ansuuls + Nirn is better. On an Oakensorc you will be better off with the traditional Sergeants/Overwhelming Surge setup, or Ansuul's + whatever.

The biggest problem with Coral on a magicka build is you either have to commit a stamina skill to drain your stamina to raise your damage, or roll dodge a lot. Vigor could accomplish that, substitute that for Twilight Matriarch and get a better burst heal. I've seen some say the roll dodging works, but that means you are also roll dodging during a boss fight instead of doing DPS. If you go with Coral, I would go the Vigor route. At least its a viable skill that will not interrupt your DPS too much.

Thank you for everything and this will help me and I believe that is all questions I have my friend and thanks again.
    Options