The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Hey, long time no see. Is Eso worth returning to?

heartburnkid
heartburnkid
✭✭✭
I haven't played since 12/2021 (for reference of time so you know all I missed since then) or posted since that time. The mmo I was playing (dc universe online) is pretty much a wasteland, so I was thinking about coming back to ESO. I loved the graphics, account bound everything which made alts fun, and the sheer amount of quests/things to explore.

My big gripe was always the que system, and how trials weren't easy to get in, heck I never got in one personally. In dc, to raid, you simply que and the que finder puts you in one. In Eso, never even knew how to get in one, so I stayed to myself and the things you could que into. I also wasn't a fan of single pull tanking. I liked being able to grab everything on the screen while the group burned adds (in other games) but in Eso it felt different. That was a minor gripe though. Mainly the trials were my main thing, and the horrible que system.

How is the population on xbox? Is it worth coming back to? Flying mounts a thing yet? Are trials accessible?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 20 January 2024 19:32
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well speaking to your biggest complaint, you might be interested in the new group finder they added last year:

https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/64897
    Options
  • heartburnkid
    heartburnkid
    ✭✭✭
    Well speaking to your biggest complaint, you might be interested in the new group finder they added last year:

https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/64897

Ok. Wow. Now we're talking.

This is basically all I needed and or wanted. Game is being redownloaded now.

Any changes to tanking? I was interested in group pulls/better ways to maintain aggro on large scale mobs, if anyone knew, that'd be awesome. Otherwise I am sold. If flying mounts were a thing, that'd be another bonus (but my breath isn't being held on that one)

Oh, and how is the xbox population? Guess I'll find out soon. 😃
    Edited by heartburnkid on 20 January 2024 15:54
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Ph1p
    Ph1p
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any changes to tanking? I was interested in group pulls/better ways to maintain aggro on large scale mobs, if anyone knew, that'd be awesome. Otherwise I am sold. If flying mounts were a thing, that'd be another bonus (but my breath isn't being held on that one)

There still aren't AoE taunts in the game, except for a "workaround" using the Tormentor and Rush of Agony sets. But they did change tanking a bit - for the better I think: Now it takes 5 taunts instead of 3 between multiple tanks to cause taunt immunity, so it essentially never happens any more. And pulling enemies to you with chains, like the DK or Fighters Guild skills, now also taunt the enemy, if they don't already have an active taunt on them already. See patch notes here.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ph1p wrote: »

There still aren't AoE taunts in the game, except for a "workaround" using the Tormentor and Rush of Agony sets. But they did change tanking a bit - for the better I think: Now it takes 5 taunts instead of 3 between multiple tanks to cause taunt immunity, so it essentially never happens any more. And pulling enemies to you with chains, like the DK or Fighters Guild skills, now also taunt the enemy, if they don't already have an active taunt on them already. See patch notes here.

actually we're kinda getting AoE taunts with Scribing.

jgrebqo0pcn5.jpg
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Ph1p
    Ph1p
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, but we don't know how taunt on this Grimoire will work exactly and a lot can still change until June, so I prefer not to speculate. Besides, what's the point of taunting a bunch of adds and then jumping 15 meters away as a tank? ;)
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ph1p wrote: »
    Maybe, but we don't know how taunt on this Grimoire will work exactly and a lot can still change until June, so I prefer not to speculate. Besides, what's the point of taunting a bunch of adds and then jumping 15 meters away as a tank? ;)

I am sure the SnB grimoire will be able to be morphed into an AoE pull/taunt.
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • Ph1p
    Ph1p
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure the SnB grimoire will be able to be morphed into an AoE pull/taunt.

Another AoE pull would be an interesting alternative to Void Bash. On AoE taunts, they seem to go against the developers' design vision/philosophy: https://clips.twitch.tv/FairPerfectStarlingWTRuck-I5tEU23y_dlUKxng

Of course, this might have changed over time. Guess we'll know this summer...
    Options