The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Mythic Velothi

yadibroz
yadibroz
✭✭✭
I wanna know if Velothi Ur-Mage’s Amulet is really only fit for Arcanist?
Like there is no way it can work for any other class right because I really want it bad but I need to know?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Generally from a meta PvE perspective, it’s good on arcanist because of the long channel time of beam (less light attack weaving) and good on any(?) class in trash because light attacking individual trash mobs/getting trap beast to hit trash mobs isn’t worth it.

So, taking that rationale and re-applying it, if you are:
    - doing a lot of content that’s mostly trash mobs (not bosses)
    - using a channeled spammable (arc beam, dual wield spammable, templar jabs)
    - and/or poor at or hate weaving

then velothi’s is a good option.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Generally from a meta PvE perspective, it’s good on arcanist because of the long channel time of beam (less light attack weaving) and good on any(?) class in trash because light attacking individual trash mobs/getting trap beast to hit trash mobs isn’t worth it.

I understand because I was thinking of using it for all classes especially on ice only frozen warden but like you say it seem it only fit well on arcanist which is a disappointment but thank you.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a DK to experiment whether Velothi was viable on a DoT DK that uses chain pull in place of light attack, since it is free when you can't pull a target, but I've not really gotten to focus on playing my DK lately. I had to upgrade my warden healer for endgame content because that is what the group needed. But if you can make a DK work cheesing your light attack with the pull ability instead, then it may be viable on a DK too.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I made a DK to experiment whether Velothi was viable on a DoT DK that uses chain pull in place of light attack, since it is free when you can't pull a target, but I've not really gotten to focus on playing my DK lately. I had to upgrade my warden healer for endgame content because that is what the group needed. But if you can make a DK work cheesing your light attack with the pull ability instead, then it may be viable on a DK too.

Chains is an ability, you can’t weave with it since it won’t fit into a gcd with another skill. It also won’t proc ult generation.
    yadibroz wrote: »
    Soarora wrote: »

I understand because I was thinking of using it for all classes especially on ice only frozen warden but like you say it seem it only fit well on arcanist which is a disappointment but thank you.

I had thought about using it on frost warden but honestly it’s hard to fit in a mythic because of the arena weapon frontbar.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You are basically trading LA/HA damage for crit damage. Arcanist is best suited for that because of the beam, to the point it blows away any arcanist build I've see without the amulet. Templar can make use of it through sweeps and Jesus beam as sweeps give multiple opportunities for crit damage.

I have not tried it on any other classes, but looking at the rotations I do on something like stam sorc or either nightblade, I don't see it working well enough that the damage you lose from LA/HA is even replaced by the crit.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use it on my MagPlar along with Deadly and Overwelming and it's fantastic.
    Edited by N3CR01 on 23 January 2024 11:55
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty strong on any class, and moreso if you don't have a perfect light attack weave ratio (like 90% of players).

The reason it's extra strong on Arc and Plar is because light attacks make up less of their overall damage %.

If you wanna know how good it would be for you, do a parse without it. Use Combat Metrics to see what % of your DPS was from LAs. Was it less than 15%? If so, Velothi will increase your damage. (Technically even a little more than 15% is fine, since Velothi adds more than 15% damage with Minor Force and the bar space you'd save)
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 19 January 2024 21:47
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty strong on any class, and moreso if you don't have a perfect light attack weave ratio (like 90% of players).

The reason it's extra strong on Arc and Plar is because light attacks make up less of their overall damage %.

If you wanna know how good it would be for you, do a parse without it. Use Combat Metrics to see what % of your DPS was from LAs. Was it less than 15%? If so, Velothi will increase your damage. (Technically even a little more than 15% is fine, since Velothi adds more than 15% damage with Minor Force and the bar space you'd save)

Man that 15% damage to enemies is useful but it suck is only for velothi when I'm a ice warden main.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yadibroz wrote: »

Man that 15% damage to enemies is useful but it suck is only for velothi when I'm a ice warden main.

What?

Being an Ice Warden doesn't have any bearing on Velothi's effectiveness. The same still applies - if your light attacks aren't doing 15% of your dps, then it's a great mythic.
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you generate ulti though if you’re not light/heavy attack weaving?
    Edited by SmellyUnlimited on 22 January 2024 15:40
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You still light attack weave, it's just less impactful to your overall dps.

Ulti gen is a buff when you light attack, you only need to light once every 4 seconds or so (I don't really remember what the duration is) to keep your ulti gen up 100% of the time.
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭

Ulti gen is a buff when you light attack, you only need to light once every 4 seconds or so (I don't really remember what the duration is) to keep your ulti gen up 100% of the time.

Does heavy attack build ulti faster than light? Im trying to figure out how my healer builds ulti when I rarely light attack, although I try and heavy attack somewhat often.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Does heavy attack build ulti faster than light? Im trying to figure out how my healer builds ulti when I rarely light attack, although I try and heavy attack somewhat often.

Heavy attack doesn't build ultimate.

Heavies restore resources (mag or stam depending on if it's a staff or martial weapon).

Lights restore ultimate.

Blocking an attack or healing someone else also builds ultimate. This is done so that tanks and healers aren't left in the dust by DPS, ult gen-wise.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 22 January 2024 19:21
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Heavies restore resources (mag or stam depending on if it's a staff or martial weapon).

Lights restore ultimate.

Blocking an attack or healing someone else also builds ultimate. This is done so that tanks and healers aren't left in the dust by DPS, ult gen-wise.

This is not correct. Heavy attacks build ultimate just fine. Go wind up a heavy attack on a mob and watch your ultimate grow. Light attack or heavy is the same. It kicks off a buff that gives you 3 ultimate every second for 9 seconds.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Lights restore ultimate.

This is not correct. Heavy attacks build ultimate just fine. Go wind up a heavy attack on a mob and watch your ultimate grow. Light attack or heavy is the same. It kicks off a buff that gives you 3 ultimate every second for 9 seconds.

Yeah light attacking at least once every 9 seconds gives the max ultimate regeneration

With Velothi you don’t really have to weave all the time, enchantments will proc regularly with weapon AOE DOTs. It can be easier during laggy game moments to quickly string together a group of skills in a row, and occasionally land one light attack next to a reserved skill in a rotation. It speeds up skills per minute quite a lot
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is old (from 2015) but could find no updates. If there are, someone will correct me, but:
    Adjusted how Ultimate generation is gained to make it more even across different classes and builds:
    When you damage an enemy with a light or heavy attack, you will receive a buff that grants three Ultimate per second for eight seconds.
    This buff is refreshed with each light or heavy attack.
    If you heal an ally that has the Ultimate gain buff, you will also receive the Ultimate gain buff for eight seconds.
    This only works if the ally being healed was not at full health prior to the heal.
    Abilities that previously gave Ultimate will now provide the Minor Heroism buff that will give you additional Ultimate over time.
    Ultimate can also be gained from blocking, dodging, or attacking targets with a damage shield.