The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Whirling Blades should be 7 meters not 6

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Arms fully extended on top of the enemy but Whirling Blades is out of range. Light attack is dodged.

VE8a6zC.gif

Whirling Blades should be the same as melee light attack which is 7 meters, not 6.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler Can your team take a look and see if this meets the criteria for the melee range standard?

Thanks.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 16 January 2024 15:10
PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In this comment, @React explains how abilities under 7 meters are susceptible to server desync issues. Whirling Blades likely applies here as I'm literally on top of the enemy in the gif and Whirling Blades is still out of range. Increasing the range from 6 to 7 meters would improve the combat experience for many players without making the ability too strong.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 16 January 2024 07:08
    PC NA
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    In this comment, @React explains how abilities under 7 meters are susceptible to server desync issues. Whirling Blades likely applies here as I'm literally on top of the enemy in the first gif and Whirling Blades is still out of range. Increasing the range from 6 to 7 meters would improve the combat experience for many players without making the ability too strong.

Zenimax is aware of this too, given that they made that change sometime in the past year to extend the range of most 5 meter melee range abilities up to 7 meters.

I'd like to see the range of Turn Evil increased up to 7 meters as well. At 5 meters, it will miss players that you're practically standing inside of. See this clip below where for the first three casts I am practically making physical contact with the person I'm targeting, and yet turn evil still misses.

https://streamable.com/yfzdn1
    Edited by React on 16 January 2024 05:53
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    React wrote: »
    In this comment, @React explains how abilities under 7 meters are susceptible to server desync issues. Whirling Blades likely applies here as I'm literally on top of the enemy in the first gif and Whirling Blades is still out of range. Increasing the range from 6 to 7 meters would improve the combat experience for many players without making the ability too strong.

Zenimax is aware of this too, given that they made that change sometime in the past year to extend the range of most 5 meter melee range abilities up to 7 meters.

I'd like to see the range of Turn Evil increased up to 7 meters as well. At 5 meters, it will miss players that you're practically standing inside of. See this clip below where for the first three casts I am practically making physical contact with the person I'm targeting, and yet turn evil still misses.

That's worse than I thought it would be. I feel your pain and desperation as the server decides to torment you with every cast.
    PC NA
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I want to add to this too lightning form + morphs.

Both morphs base range is only 5m so this ability that is supposed to be a melee DoT that helps to proc crit surge (the class's HoT) cannot even hit the melee enemies that are wailing on you from the new and improved melee range. Hurricane is still somewhat viable since it actually increases its radius over its duration, but boundless storm (mag morph) in particular, is just complete garbage now with its 5m radius that cannot hit melee enemies.

I mean, come on, ZOS already gutted the usefulness of this skill/morphs, by reducing its tick rate to once per 2 seconds despite it being an AoE DoT (that should tick every one second by ZOS spreadsheet standards), now it cannot even hit the melee enemies anymore either because ZOS made them all outrange this ability.
  • Remiem
    Remiem
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, Turn Evil is pretty much useless if your goal is trying to stun people running away from you, but if ZOS decide to buff its range then they must remove the "if they are facing your direction" part of Mesmerize.
    Balanced by people with no prior gamedev experience, couldn't fix performance issues in a decade, can't code a real matchmaking algorithm to save their lives, more maintenance downtime than all the other MMOs put together, more bugs introduced than bugs fixed every big patch, same stagnant combat for years.
    Done with Elder Joke Online: 2 seconds of input delay on "70" ping edition.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Signed.

The only skills that should be under 7m radius, is ground dots, although some of those like Liquid Lighting (terrible skill for a number of reasons) should be looked at.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit