The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fix Sorc and Necro

Hottytotz
Hottytotz
✭✭✭
I need to say nothing about necro. Its really bad. All content besides open world and the chillest and most laid back pve runs.

Sorc still relying on pets for ALL of 2023 after all of the feedback that has been given? Does anyone even read these forums? Shock arctype is weak. Unique passives give 5-6% while every other class gets 10%+ to thier unique damage type on top of things like max resources and crit damage... Make sorc great again, reduce pets to be in line with everything else while giving sorc overall damage buff so its not in the trash dump, and restore lightning damage to a valuable arctype somehow. Nerfing the triforce on lightning staff was braindead and literally did nothing but nerf an already poor and weak playstyle......

Please wake up ZOS in 2024. Hybrid already destroyed over half of the builds in the game for ease of play... At least make base classes like sorc better than dog crapp tier.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.

At least if ya gonna make me have pets- give me better looking pets. And preferably not ones also just in the game. But i don't want to be tied to pets.

And I'd like sorc lightning wings for hurricane - fits.... one giant flap and the lightning blows- not total frizz so i can't see a thing. I channel lightning from the skies I'm not a ruddy battery.
  • Hottytotz
    Hottytotz
    ✭✭✭
    After playing around in the build editor its even more clear why necro is so bad. Its passives.... This was also a issue historically with Templar but they fixed it several patches ago. Basically what separates classes at a fundamental level besides just a difference in available abilities, are its passives. Most classes passives have evened out over the years. Nightblades for example used to get insane effects from their class passives compared to most others. The gap has shortened over the years.

Back to the point... In modern ESO sustain is not an actual issue in any kind of organized group. Weapon and spell damage are the greatest factor into increasing damage. Sooooo classes with a ton of recovery/cost reduction(except ult)/refund of resources passives are extremely weak or at the best a non-ideal waste of a passive slot. Obviously for more casual play the regen can be useful but we are talking overall strength and balance here. Necro has almost half of its passives dedicated to increasing regen/refund etc. Not only that but necro brings no unique debuff anymore because every can get major vuln now. Just comparing necro to Templar/Sorc passives, with an equal build setup with current meta dps gear for magicka dps... Effective spell power on Templar and Sorc is 8-12% when you factor in multipliers. The only useful passives for dps necro are the crit execute which we have already figured out to be extremely weak in most situations besides bosses that have a execute burn phase. The other decent passive is the pen one but again that is subjective as well how much it actually helps. Its hard to look at these things in a vacuume and I can hear people screaming Arc and DK are the best. Well Arc is getting carried by a single skill currently which is a huge outlier and DK..... ALSO has some of the best passives in the game with the best spammable.

Long story short necro is lacking in many areas. Its DOT aesthetic is stupid weak. Its passives are outdated and provide nothing for the group and barely give anything for itself. It has no passive that gives any benefit at all to spell/weapon damage or crit chance or crit multiplier outside of the execute passive... A weak toolkit that brings nothing unique + it not even having basic passive that get it to the starting line against other classes compounds to give you the weakest class in ESO for over a year.

I remember all of the post when Colossus was first introduced with major vuln.... The smart people back then knew what it would bring and that eventually it would not be unique to Necro. Now they have nothing besides really odd animated dots(pets lol).
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The necro pets don’t even count as DoTs, do they? Necro needs a rework to be a strong DoT plus minion class IMO and I’d love an ult that summoned a proper bone colossus like many NPC necromancers.

Sorc needs to have storm and dark magic actually be viable skill lines. Sorc doesn’t have to be good at everything, but it needs to have viable options besides pet sitter!

Also, why is it that we can weapon swap without dropping block (which seems ludicrous to me) but not cast dark deal???
  • Hottytotz
    Hottytotz
    ✭✭✭
    The necro pets don’t even count as DoTs, do they? Necro needs a rework to be a strong DoT plus minion class IMO and I’d love an ult that summoned a proper bone colossus like many NPC necromancers.

Sorc needs to have storm and dark magic actually be viable skill lines. Sorc doesn’t have to be good at everything, but it needs to have viable options besides pet sitter!

Also, why is it that we can weapon swap without dropping block (which seems ludicrous to me) but not cast dark deal???

Sorry what I meant by that last line was that unlike sorc pets, necro pets just ACT like short term animated dots. They are direct damage of course.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hottytotz wrote: »

Sorry what I meant by that last line was that unlike sorc pets, necro pets just ACT like short term animated dots. They are direct damage of course.

No worries! It would be better if at least the skeletal archer/arcanist were a DoT — pretty useless right now, unfortunately. :disappointed:
  • Hottytotz
    Hottytotz
    ✭✭✭
    Hottytotz wrote: »

No worries! It would be better if at least the skeletal archer/arcanist were a DoT — pretty useless right now, unfortunately. :disappointed:

That would help for sure. Necro just has too much sustain and nothing giving it actual damage. It needs some kind of weapon/spell damage buff or better passive than DOT damage. Even on a "DOT" rotation for necro a massive amount of its damage comes from direct damage sources like pets/light attacks/blast bones. Other classes get passives that buff thier ENTIRE damage profile while also getting 6-10% weapon/spell damage increase AND 10% crit damage for free...