The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Companion Cooldown Chart

Erickson9610
Erickson9610
✭✭✭✭✭
Here is a chart that I made to calculate the effect of various Cooldown Reduction sources on Companion abilities. I hope this resource will be insightful and help with any Companion builds.
a2siqlw8xw7p.png

It's interesting to note that each source of cooldown reduction is additive, which can practically go as high as 84.6% cooldown reduction, or theoretically up to 89% cooldown reduction. Every Companion skill by default will have 8, 12, 16, or 36 seconds of cooldown. Currently the only Legendary quality Companion item is the Companion's Ascendant Ring, while there are no Normal quality Companion items.

Here is an example screenshot of a Companion with no Quickened gear, no cooldown reduction in their racial passives, and without Telvanni Efficiency:
orf6cw0u207g.png

And here is what those skills look like on a Companion with 12 pieces of Epic Quickened gear, 3% cooldown reduction in their racial passives, and with Telvanni Efficiency active:
xawljf0qak02.png

Hopefully this shows how important Telvanni Efficiency and Quickened gear are to making Companion skills fire more frequently!
PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make one without the theoretical numbers and I'll add it to the guide.
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make one without the theoretical numbers and I'll add it to the guide.

Here's a chart of just practical values, showing only the combinations when using Quickened in all 12 inventory slots:
    pms7e9m9u15u.png

If it's helpful, I've also made a calculator in Desmos here that can help you calculate uneven loadouts of Quickened gear, i.e. any loadout that uses some configuration other than 12 Quickened of the same quality.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, added. Removed my list.