The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What to do with my multi-role templar?

moo_2021
moo_2021
✭✭✭✭
I found my templar from which I first learned weaving is now very underwhelming after 2 years inactivity. It was a magplar with high self heal and CC for PvP, but now completely sucks at both.

I changed it to one bar (with oak ring) for PvP, but nothing has improved despite higher raw stats than my warden and arcanist. It has fun CC, but no burst whatsoever, basically can't kill anything in BG, not even stunned players, and lacks burst heal (Honor The Dead is too expensive and no HoT), while my hybrid pvp warden can easily keep 18k single target dps with 2 HoT to keep alive - compared to 10-12 for templar in dungeons / world bosses, and the only debuff is minor breach.

For PvE healer/solo it's worse. Jabbing takes forever and reduces dps compared to normal classes, Blazing Spear is slow too due to the animation, and there is no other cheap spammable, and group healing is really weak without a restoration staff. I even have to slot vigor and drink for stamina recovery.

So, what to do? I want to stick with one bar for the sake of PvP. And it's either tank or healer, not dps since the queue takes forever, but I do need some damage.
Edited by moo_2021 on 30 December 2023 19:08
  • tincanman
    tincanman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafter.

edit: mule. Maybe farmer with the ring of the wild hunt or some other speedy set but only if an orc or bosmer.
    Edited by tincanman on 30 December 2023 19:08
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... I do have the ring of wild hunt.

It just feels so sad the first character I learned to fight and survived in Craglorn is now only good for BG trolling.
  • tincanman
    tincanman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I love my templars, too. :(
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    strong templars i see in pvp have built into super tanky heals and rely 90% on spamming radiant opp, with occassional javelins.

cant believe i’m sharing this bc tanky RO spamming templars are annoying 😁

i stopped playing my templar (pvp) cause relying so much on RO was very boring/unsatisfying. lots of kills, but, meh.

I wish templar would get back some power in jabs/pol etc in exchange for RO. it would make the class a lot more dynamic & fun to play. It’s in a crappy spot, imo.
    Edited by SandandStars on 31 December 2023 20:30
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    strong templars i see in pvp have built into super tanky heals and rely 90% on spamming radiant opp, with occassional javelins.

But how? There is hp scaled healing
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, the good news is, should you decide to bury that character, he is already equipped with a shovel.
    I would normally follow up with a "on a more serious note" comment, but there really is nothing redeemable about how templars play nowadays. Both on PvP and PvE, you are a beam bot. If you want to actually enjoy playing something engaging, go play another non-necromancer class.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RO is so strong an execute u can build tanky & still get kills. Just keep spamming it and eventually you’ll find somebody below 30% health…

😑