The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Anyone have a good Laser Staminist Build

Narvuntien
Narvuntien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I don't want to just have identical builds for all my stamina characters so I want to use the uniqueness of the Aracanist to do something more interesting.
Is there some way to maximise laser damage instead of everything being based off light attacks? All the builds I can find online are... well boring.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvE meta is Ansuul or Coral Riptide + Deadly Strike or Azureblight + Velothi-Ur Amulet. It’s built with maximum lasering in mind. I think people even use fire blockade instead of unstable wall but I don’t recall.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to just beam beam beam, use Oakensoul! Less time watching DoT timers, more time beaming. And you can still do well over 70k DPS.

Pair with Deadly Strike to turn your book beam into a library laser, and then your "flavor" set of choice. The above sets work great for high DPS (I use Pillar of Nirn personally for a 75k DPS build because I don't have the trial sets), but you could probably find a more fun set if you like.

PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On top of deadly strikes, if you want to try something amusing, use briar heart along side it. The set can give some decent healing when hitting a group, allowing a lot more survivability (useful in places like the archive) but each time you crit while briar heart is active causes you to glow, making you a mini-sun while active and beaming.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure to use the Velothi amulet, whichever other sets you pick could vary based on what’s available, deadly strikes is easy enough to obtain at first, azureblight demolishes crowds very well when paired with the beam

My typical rotation would be inspired scholarship, optional skill(s), flail, flail, light attack + pragmatic fatecarver, optional skill(s), flail, flail, light attack + pragmatic fatecarver

The optional skills can be magic based to help balance out the resource regeneration, like elemental blockade

Since Velothi cancels light attack damage, as long as you land one light attack before each beam you get consistent ultimate generation and still keep up the maximum damage. Actions per minute will be incredibly low compared to anything else you can do in this game
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on 31 December 2023 19:37